It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:
LoveCity said:
No but the club are UEFA's lapdogs right now in complying with Financial Fair Play when no one else gives a toss.

Nah, that's simply not true.

You're just having a pre-season flap mate!

I reckon it's true, we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons and nothing else. Mancini's own words were that he'd love to have Thiago Silva at the club but the club would be unlikely to pay the asking price. These wouldn't have been a problem two years ago, I think UEFA have City worried with FFP or else we'd simply not give a fook like PSG and Chelsea don't.

Does it not cross your mind that it may actually be the owners who have decided not to spend £100m a year from now on in?

That they might, crazy as it sounds, be looking at City as an investment rather than a charity?

How do you KNOW we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons? You don't. You're just guessing.

Chelsea raised around £100m as a result of winning the Champions League, they've offloaded a handful of really big earners, that's why they've got money. And as a side note, a bit of a slap in the face for all those City fans urging Chelsea on to win the Champions League... it was NEVER going to be a good thing for City!

PSG? Doing the same as us but with a better manager in charge!

Trust the manager and the club to know what they're doing at the moment. Far too early to panic.

LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:
LoveCity said:
No but the club are UEFA's lapdogs right now in complying with Financial Fair Play when no one else gives a toss.

I reckon it's true, we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons and nothing else. Mancini's own words were that he'd love to have Thiago Silva at the club but the club would be unlikely to pay the asking price. These wouldn't have been a problem two years ago, I think UEFA have City worried with FFP or else we'd simply not give a fook like PSG and Chelsea don't.

Am I the only person who dosnt want City to spunk 40-50m on players anymore? Players who havnt proved anything wanting 250k per week? Fuck that, PSG have to do it cos they are bridging the gap - we don't, we have an awesome team and we can afford to get value for money because we have a good squad and are successfull.

The days of being a soft touch are over, and I for one am glad!

Soulboy said:
LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:

Does it not cross your mind that it may actually be the owners who have decided not to spend £100m a year from now on in?

That they might, crazy as it sounds, be looking at City as an investment rather than a charity?

How do you KNOW we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons? You don't. You're just guessing.

Chelsea raised around £100m as a result of winning the Champions League, they've offloaded a handful of really big earners, that's why they've got money. And as a side note, a bit of a slap in the face for all those City fans urging Chelsea on to win the Champions League... it was NEVER going to be a good thing for City!

Trust the manager and the club to know what they're doing at the moment. Far too early to panic.

bollocks, in my opinion, regarding psg having a better manager

lmjones1uk said:
LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:

Am I the only person who dosnt want City to spunk 40-50m on players anymore? Players who havnt proved anything wanting 250k per week? Fuck that, PSG have to do it cos they are bridging the gap - we don't, we have an awesome team and we can afford to get value for money because we have a good squad and are successfull.

The days of being a soft touch are over, and I for one am glad!

Your opinion gets my vote mate - well said that man.

CTIDANDREW said:
samharris said:
cleav said:
hahah i was going to say too, maybe the accused wummer is actually the wummed. and i'm glad that seems to be the case, makes it 100x funnier.

I think that is the case tbh.

But im not going to guffaw about it, semi titter maybe..

To try to defend the indefensible... Once again guys I apologize..wasn't trying to be a WUM I did a quick twitter search for MCFC. That post came up, I hardly read it to be honest. I saw that it was re tweeted by about 200 people thought it was credible(Big Mistake). If I knew how to delete posts I would have done so by now. Im alright with the name calling its the internet have a go at me its a boring wednesday I deserve it for this. But I quite like this website and think the ban hammer comment is a little overdoing it lol. Once again I apologize fellow blues...

Apology for what bud ?? youve brought a little ray of sunshine to a dreary day. :)
If you need to delete posts then click on the edit button and highlight and delete. you need to put sommat or it wont let you.. even a full stop will do.

While I do understand the majority's excitement on RVP; I'm dreading the possibility of having a Mk.II of Santa Cruz at our hands!!

IMO, I don't see the need to change our 4 strikers; we need proper strengthening in other areas...

Soulboy said:

We can only go on what we read which is that the deal was agreed, City had a 100+ page dossier on Hazard, Hazard had been given a tour of the housing market, Hazard had been at the Etihad for the derby but then the agent demanded massive fees for the transfer that only Chelsea would pay. Perhaps this is not true, NOTHING is known in football for sure so we can only rely on the better newspapers like the Indy and Times who printed this story.

Chelsea raised around £100m as a result of winning the Champions League, they've offloaded a handful of really big earners, that's why they've got money.

Chelsea made less than half of that in prize + TV money - £47million. We made about £21million so the difference was less than Eden Hazard's transfer fee. That's before Oscar, Marin, and the others they're yet to sign (they want a right-back and striker at least). Abramovich was one of the biggest supporters of FFP but despite having better revenue than us they are as much at risk as we are of falling foul to it and just seem to be shrugging their shoulders.

And again no chance of passing FFP so they don't give a fook about it unlike us.

Really not panicking at all, I'm confident we can win at least one trophy with our current squad. I'm not confident we could successfully compete on four fronts based on last season's evidence though, our squad depth is hugely overrated on Bluemoon. It pales in comparison to Real Madrid's for example.

BringBackSwales said:
Soulboy said:
LoveCity said:

bollocks, in my opinion, regarding psg having a better manager

Ancellotti has won the Champions League with AC Milan and he won the Double in his first season at Chelsea in England.

Soulboy said:
He may well have guessed but he was right. Chelsea laid the most money on the table for him and we refused to up the offer we had agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.