It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Soulboy said:
LoveCity said:
I reckon it's true, we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons and nothing else. Mancini's own words were that he'd love to have Thiago Silva at the club but the club would be unlikely to pay the asking price. These wouldn't have been a problem two years ago, I think UEFA have City worried with FFP or else we'd simply not give a fook like PSG and Chelsea don't.

Does it not cross your mind that it may actually be the owners who have decided not to spend £100m a year from now on in?

That they might, crazy as it sounds, be looking at City as an investment rather than a charity?

How do you KNOW we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons? You don't. You're just guessing.

Chelsea raised around £100m as a result of winning the Champions League, they've offloaded a handful of really big earners, that's why they've got money. And as a side note, a bit of a slap in the face for all those City fans urging Chelsea on to win the Champions League... it was NEVER going to be a good thing for City!

PSG? Doing the same as us but with a better manager in charge!

Trust the manager and the club to know what they're doing at the moment. Far too early to panic.

bollocks, in my opinion, regarding psg having a better manager

I meant when we were taken over and Hughes wasted millions on mediocre players! Whereas they have Ancelotti...

Easy mistake to make!

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
How do you KNOW we missed out on Hazard for financial reasons? You don't. You're just guessing.
He may well have guessed but he was right. Chelsea laid the most money on the table for him and we refused to up the offer we had agreed.
Not been a dick here but how do you know that. Apart From TH posts.

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
He may well have guessed but he was right. Chelsea laid the most money on the table for him and we refused to up the offer we had agreed.

This was simply my point, FFP is making us hesitate. I don't believe for a minute it's a case of Sheikh Mansour turning the taps off, City pursued Hazard extensively for ages and were desperate to sign him. Financial reasons are why we now don't have him and that relates to my original theory, that City are worried by FFP.

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:

Ah, so both of you know.

Which one of you is Di Matteo and with one is Roman!

Or are you both now on the City board...
;-)

Simple question... source?

LoveCity said:
SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:

This was simply my point, FFP is making us hesitate. I don't believe for a minute it's a case of Sheikh Mansour turning the taps off, City pursued Hazard extensively for ages and were desperate to sign him. Financial reasons are why we now don't have him and that relates to my original theory, that City are worried by FFP.
We didn't hesitate mate. We could have afforded it 10x over. But City refuse to be played for fools with money now we are at the top of the tree. It was a point of principle. We'd agreed a fee and wages and they took the piss using Chelsea. I hate the **** now. I hope his career goes down the shitter and that Chelsea, whilst having a great squad, fail to utilise it under their less than wonderful manager.

Looks like Llorente rejected Bilbao's last offer (80k p/w). If we'll sell Dzeko and I really think we've got bigger chances to sign Fernando than RvP.

bapi said:
Looks like Llorente rejected Bilbao's last offer (80k p/w). If we'll sell Dzeko and I really think we've got bigger chances to sign Fernando than RvP.
He's shit on Fifa so I wouldn't bother.

LoveCity said:
Soulboy said:

We can only go on what we read which is that the deal was agreed, City had a 100+ page dossier on Hazard, Hazard had been given a tour of the housing market, Hazard had been at the Etihad for the derby but then the agent demanded massive fees for the transfer that only Chelsea would pay. Perhaps this is not true, NOTHING is known in football for sure so we can only rely on the better newspapers like the Indy and Times who printed this story.

Chelsea raised around £100m as a result of winning the Champions League, they've offloaded a handful of really big earners, that's why they've got money.

Chelsea made less than half of that in prize + TV money - £47million. We made about £21million so the difference was less than Eden Hazard's transfer fee. That's before Oscar, Marin, and the others they're yet to sign (they want a right-back and striker at least). Abramovich was one of the biggest supporters of FFP but despite having better revenue than us they are as much at risk as we are of falling foul to it and just seem to be shrugging their shoulders.

PSG? Doing the same as us but with a better manager in charge!

And again no chance of passing FFP so they don't give a fook about it unlike us.

Trust the manager and the club to know what they're doing at the moment. Far too early to panic.

Really not panicking at all, I'm confident we can win at least one trophy with our current squad. I'm not confident we could successfully compete on four fronts based on last season's evidence though, our squad depth is hugely overrated on Bluemoon. It pales in comparison to Real Madrid's for example.

Winning the Champions League WAS worth £100m to Chelsea.

Their winnings were circa £50m, qualifying for this years Champions League is worth a minimum of another £30m, and they generated another £20m for new sponsorship deals on the back of it.

I agree that our squad depth isn't strong enough. But I'm sure that will be rectified shortly.

And why so sure PSG won't pass FFPR? They will. When the time comes, they will. As will we. As will probably every other "big" team.

We're beginning to sound like rags and Chelsea fans bleating about how unfair it all is with someone else spending more than us! And back in the room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.