It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joehannes said:
jlc09 said:
Bilbao are looking for stupid fees for Martinez. He's good, 20/25m is what I'd pay max. There's a reason he will still be there next season, nobody is stupid enough to pay 35 or 40m.

These players tend to get overrated if you ask me.
Which players? Spaniards?

Bilboa?

There is a reason why they didn't finish higher than they did. Muniain is the best player they have imo. I'd buy him tomorrow if City was my club. He is UNREAL!

Bielsa fucked up tactics in the final and they were dispatched with ease by Athletico. I mean crucified, at the hands of Falcoa whom some mad bastard on here said was overrated!

Their best games were v United and that's what they lived off hypewise imo.

twinkletoes said:
Joehannes said:
jlc09 said:
Bilbao are looking for stupid fees for Martinez. He's good, 20/25m is what I'd pay max. There's a reason he will still be there next season, nobody is stupid enough to pay 35 or 40m.

I think he would be well pissed off if you referred to him as a Spaniard.

He is a Basque.
Once the national team comes calling, he's a Spaniard ;)

jlc09 said:

i believe its 32 million pounds..probably a safer bet than 8 million for bebe

Joehannes said:
twinkletoes said:
Joehannes said:

He is a Basque.

I suppose so but I used to work with a couple of Basques and they became almost violent whenever I referred to them as Spaniards.

twinkletoes said:
Joehannes said:
twinkletoes said:

He is a Basque.

I suppose so but I used to work with a couple of Basques and they became almost violent whenever I referred to them as Spaniards.

what s the beef?

blue wang said:
twinkletoes said:
Joehannes said:

what s the beef?

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_nationalism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_nationalism</a>

Depends what you want, I dont think players like Martinez are worth huge money given what they offer. He's not the most mobile either.

I want Martinez, I really do, but I agree, I wouldn't pay the equivalent of the release clause, which are always set as unrealistic figures in Spain. A fair valuation given that his versatility adds to his price tag is probably around £22m-£24m. One paper linked us with Javi Garcia a couple of months ago, he'd be a very good alternative. His best position is DM rather than CB but when he has played there, he's been very good. Anyone know if there have been any links in papers since? Love City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.