It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m7aj7fintT1qewacoo1_500.jpg

argyle said:
Some people have posted here the past few weeks believing that our squad as it is will run away with the premiership.

I don't think it will be that easy. Last season we didn't get out of the group stage of the CL and we won the league on goal difference.

I hope the policy of selling before spending doesn't come back to bite us - which besides Hazard is the approach we seem to be doing - .

Our squad is pretty much on par with Rags and Chelski however there are a few issues

Realistically would we have amassed the number of points we did had Viinny been out for a season like Vidic was for the rags - probably not

We need a midfield player with energy and passing ability and the ability to put their foot in - not may about i suspect Barry is crocked and DJ has 12 months to go and his refulsal to sign a new contract shows he is not committed

Get a top centre half and a top top midfield player De Rossi or similar whom like Barry keep the ball moving but has a little more speed around the park and can see a pass and i think we would be good to go

Anything else is just icing on the cake - think our transfer policy this summer is bonkers to be honest

argyle said:
Some people have posted here the past few weeks believing that our squad as it is will run away with the premiership.

I don't think it will be that easy. Last season we didn't get out of the group stage of the CL and we won the league on goal difference.

I hope the policy of selling before spending doesn't come back to bite us - which besides Hazard is the approach we seem to be doing - .

I agree with this post. Chelsea,not the rags will be the biggest threat to the league.

I disagree with the worry that we just about won by goal difference because although that was the case we had some terrible luck last season along with Yaya missing and vinny getting sent off and only having 3 strikers with Tevez missing. This wont happen this season and i dont think we`ll make the same mistakes as we did last year so we could be easily challenging with the squad we have but two or three additions would make us a lot harder to beat away from home and increase competition for places in the areas that need it.

brand blue heavies said:
argyle said:

I agree with this post. Chelsea,not the rags will be the biggest threat to the league.

I disagree with the worry that we just about won by goal difference because although that was the case we had some terrible luck last season along with Yaya missing and vinny getting sent off and only having 3 strikers with Tevez missing. This wont happen this season and i dont think we`ll make the same mistakes as we did last year so we could be easily challenging with the squad we have but two or three additions would make us a lot harder to beat away from home and increase competition for places in the areas that need it.

The addition of Vidic will improve their defence - less goals
The addition of Kwayga (or however the fook its spelt) - will improve their midfield
The potential addition of RVP will increase there attack - more goals

We had some bad luck but we also got some good luck Spuds being the most obvious one but there were others - over a season even team has their only "if only" moments

It could happen again this season for example Yaya and Kolo going to ACON
We had few injuries we will get them

We need two or three additions sadly we seem to be reluctant to spend

Rags are going to be a massive threat next season and you are kidding yourself you think they aint

dctid said:
brand blue heavies said:
argyle said:

The addition of Vidic will improve their defence - less goals
The addition of Kwayga (or however the fook its spelt) - will improve their midfield
The potential addition of RVP will increase there attack - more goals

We had some bad luck but we also got some good luck Spuds being the most obvious one but there were others - over a season even team has their only "if only" moments

It could happen again this season for example Yaya and Kolo going to ACON
We had few injuries we will get them

We need two or three additions sadly we seem to be reluctant to spend

Rags are going to be a massive threat next season and you are kidding yourself you think they aint

Agree with all this.

Flapety flap flap just sit back and chill all will come good we are not run by a bunch of clowns

ox-blue said:
Flapety flap flap just sit back and chill all will come good we are not run by a bunch of clowns

Its forum fells it a place for people to discuss stuff City realted

We start a new season in just over 4 weeks and we have a Charity Shield and yes i want to win it in justover 3 weeks time

Realistically there are going to be no new signings for the Charity Shield game in the positions we actually need

Its not good - not for one minute did i or others suggest we are being run by clowns BUT the new signings at Chelski will have had some pre season games as will the new Rags player

We are too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.