It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grunge said:
dctid said:
sam-caddick said:
at the end of the day with ffp uefa are forgetting one key flaw in their law; you cannot stop someone freely spending their money, it is illegal from where i stand!

clubs owners will always win if it went to court, obvioulsy, there is a happy medium, spending 100m+ every summer would be obscene in relation to the clubs revenue and future development!!

No its not illegal and club owners would not win in court - there are restricitions on what people can spend in many many sports wage caps in several sports Rugby being the most obvious one there was even a salary cap a long long time ago in football - there are financial restriction in Formula 1

The facts are plain to see.

And UEFA went to the European courts to make sure they are water tight.
No they didn't.

grunge said:
dctid said:
sam-caddick said:
at the end of the day with ffp uefa are forgetting one key flaw in their law; you cannot stop someone freely spending their money, it is illegal from where i stand!

clubs owners will always win if it went to court, obvioulsy, there is a happy medium, spending 100m+ every summer would be obscene in relation to the clubs revenue and future development!!

No its not illegal and club owners would not win in court - there are restricitions on what people can spend in many many sports wage caps in several sports Rugby being the most obvious one there was even a salary cap a long long time ago in football - there are financial restriction in Formula 1

The facts are plain to see.

And UEFA went to the European courts to make sure they are water tight.

If you think that UEFA constructed these rules without signifricant input from top legal people you are naive

Again ignore the fookin obvious but there are plenty of sports with financial restrictions which usining your logic areillegal yet no one has challenged these - dont really make sense

There is no absolute right of qualification to the CL. Just because you finish in a CL qualifying place does not mean you have an automatic right of qualification - it is an invitation competition and by accepting to participate you accept the rules that will mean advertising restrictions, financial restrictions in fact a whole raft of rules before UEFA grant any club a license.

Young Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I reckon we'll get Martinez. There's no way we're being so tame in the transfer market. We must have something good up our sleeve and I don't mean an ageing dutch crock
Martinez is playing for Spain in the Olympics. Bilbao will be hoping he has a good one to inflate any selling price!

Him already having a sky-high release clause, I doubt a good Olympics would change anything.

I really do hope he comes to us.

Matt the Giant said:
Young Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I reckon we'll get Martinez. There's no way we're being so tame in the transfer market. We must have something good up our sleeve and I don't mean an ageing dutch crock
Martinez is playing for Spain in the Olympics. Bilbao will be hoping he has a good one to inflate any selling price!

Him already having a sky-high release clause, I doubt a good Olympics would change anything.

My understanding was that his release cluase of 30 million or so was only relevent to Spanish clubs - in theory Bilbao could charge even more for him if they want

May be wrong mind but fairly certain i aint

dctid said:
Matt the Giant said:
Young Blue said:

My understanding was that his release cluase of 30 million or so was only relevent to Spanish clubs - in theory Bilbao could charge even more for him if they want

Oh, - I didn't know that. I hope not.

But you know what? I think he already ours. Just a hunch. ;)

Matt the Giant said:
dctid said:
Matt the Giant said:

I really hope so - to be honest i am stunned that if we think we have a chance of signing him we would let him to to the Olympics without putting some money on the table and getting some sort of agreement in principle - the fact we aint would indicate that we aint in for him

dctid said:
Matt the Giant said:
dctid said:

I really hope so - to be honest i am stunned that if we think we have a chance of signing him we would let him to to the Olympics without putting some money on the table and getting some sort of agreement in principle - the fact we aint would indicate that we aint in for him

Wasn't the deal with Silva settled well before it was officially announced, after the WC?

Matt the Giant said:
dctid said:
Matt the Giant said:

Wasn't the deal with Silva settled well before it was officially announced, after the WC?

I think Silva's deal was finalised during the World Cup and announced afterwards.

Matt the Giant said:
dctid said:
Matt the Giant said:

Yes but it was also fairly public knowledge that we h ad a bid.

We know Bayern have been looking and enquired and Barca are very interested but apart from rumours there is nothing concrete from us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.