It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
NipHolmes said:
No blue's better than another. As long has he or she has an heart that beats City then they are as much a fan as anybody else. Be it a T.V viewer or ST holder.

I fully understand and even agree that flapping is pointless. We have a great team and with a few additions we will have a superb CL team but my opinion is no better or worse than the people who want us to buy right here, right now.

#justsayin'
#together

It's not just people saying 'I think we should sign a,b or c', it's people actually criticising the club & as far as I'm concerned they should be fucking bowing to the owners & management, for what they've given us not criticising them for not moving quickly enough to get our new toys, because the boy next door got a new train set & we want one, now.

It's pathetic & that's my opinion & I'm stating it. I haven't singled out people fro shit like many do, I'm talking about an attitude which is imo embarrassing to the majority of City fans, who don't share it.

That's my opinion & it's just as valid as any flapper's.

That's fair.

I personally think it's a bit ignorant to criticise club when all the facts aren't available and an opinion is made on the basis of nothing solid but total conjecture.

I do think we could do better than Marwood though, not basing it on this summer either. I think he was too frivolous with Hughes and too prudent with Mancini.

To finish I completely agree with the bowing to owners. Under them I have seen a title I never expected. God Bless HRH Mansour.

Does anyone actually know for a fact what Marwood has done wrong though ? If it one day comes out as a FACT that he has dropped bollocks, then fair enough, but to criticise Marwood for being inept means we are criticising Khaldoon also for continuing to employ him.

I think we should have nailed on reasons for doing that, not hearsay.

Neville Kneville said:
NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
It's not just people saying 'I think we should sign a,b or c', it's people actually criticising the club & as far as I'm concerned they should be fucking bowing to the owners & management, for what they've given us not criticising them for not moving quickly enough to get our new toys, because the boy next door got a new train set & we want one, now.

It's pathetic & that's my opinion & I'm stating it. I haven't singled out people fro shit like many do, I'm talking about an attitude which is imo embarrassing to the majority of City fans, who don't share it.

That's my opinion & it's just as valid as any flapper's.

That's fair.

I personally think it's a bit ignorant to criticise club when all the facts aren't available and an opinion is made on the basis of nothing solid but total conjecture.

I do think we could do better than Marwood though, not basing it on this summer either. I think he was too frivolous with Hughes and too prudent with Mancini.

To finish I completely agree with the bowing to owners. Under them I have seen a title I never expected. God Bless HRH Mansour.

Does anyone actually know for a fact what Marwood has done wrong though ? If it one day comes out as a FACT that he has dropped bollocks, then fair enough, but to criticise Marwood for being inept means we are criticising Khaldoon also for continuing to employ him.

Well there's a bit of irony from me and I thought that as I typed. I moaned at people for putting down club based on conjecture (similarly to you).

But the thing with Marwood is that he was drafted in by Cook from their old days at Nike. I am led to believe his niche is Marketing. If so then I congratulate him on the #together campaign. But as a negotiator I feel we need somebody of experience. It seems like he was drafted in as a job for the boys and has been here since. A few high profile deals haven't been closed, Sanchez fair enough but I do believe Hazard was get-able.

For a guy with Marketing experience I'd appreciate more awareness to the media. Far too many negative City stories for my liking and as a Marketing manager for Nike he should be fully aware of brand value.

In short, we need a hardened out and out negotiator for closing deals. A proven performer is a must. And finally more effort into our marketing, bringing journo's onside is something we need to get on. The glory hunters as much as you hate them will come and we need them asap to boost revenues from merchandise ala United and Chelsea.

P.S, I never once said Inept. But anybody with a brain would question RSC fee at the time, I know I did. I also thought Lescott was much too expensive as I did Milner. Adebayor I felt wagewise was costly but I expected him to be a City player for years rather than someone we drafted out when Mancini came in.

Another conversation point is Mancini himself and is inability to manage players he doesn't get on with. It seems clear that he's someone you get on with or don't, if you don't your bollocksed. That's ok here it seems but not many clubs would stand for it as turning over players is a costly expense.

The last few pages of arguing certainly warrant one of these!!!

20fagp3.gif

Dear me people...chill out.

Only 43 more days before this transfer window closes, I can't wait. The sooner we can concentrate on the football and matches each week the better as far as I am concerned.

For those fans who don't like speculation there is a choice to stay away and await the announcement by the club.

For those fans who do wish to speculate please respect opinions of others who may disagree.

For those fans who come on here with so called ITK information I don't care whether it ends up being true or false as long as it is posted in good faith.

For those fans who don't believe in any ITKs take whatever they say with a pinch of salt but the thread is still about potential transfers and speculating who might or might not sign, have your say but IMO there is no need to make it personal.

Finally, I am in the camp that our squad last season achieved a great deal, purely on sentimental grounds, even if we didn't sign another player it would be good enopugh to mount a strong challenge again. We only just missed out on getting out of CL groups, we got to a semi final in league cup and nearly forced a draw against rags in FA cup. If we can make a little more progress in cups and challenge for the title as well as getting out of groups I would be more than content. Of course it would be nice to see one or two additions but as a responsible club with millions being poured into the infrastructure I think we should be able to say the money isn't infinite and we should be able in future to run the club on an even keel.

Puts on tin hat waiting for response (if any) :-)

Rammyblues said:
Only 43 more days before this transfer window closes, I can't wait. The sooner we can concentrate on the football and matches each week the better as far as I am concerned.

For those fans who don't like speculation there is a choice to stay away and await the announcement by the club.

For those fans who do wish to speculate please respect opinions of others who may disagree.

For those fans who come on here with so called ITK information I don't care whether it ends up being true or false as long as it is posted in good faith.

For those fans who don't believe in any ITKs take whatever they say with a pinch of salt but the thread is still about potential transfers and speculating who might or might not sign, have your say but IMO there is no need to make it personal.

Finally, I am in the camp that our squad last season achieved a great deal, purely on sentimental grounds, even if we didn't sign another player it would be good enopugh to mount a strong challenge again. We only just missed out on getting out of CL groups, we got to a semi final in league cup and nearly forced a draw against rags in FA cup. If we can make a little more progress in cups and challenge for the title as well as getting out of groups I would be more than content. Of course it would be nice to see one or two additions but as a responsible club with millions being poured into the infrastructure I think we should be able to say the money isn't infinite and we should be able in future to run the club on an even keel.

Great post. Far too sensible and well balanced for here though :)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The last few pages of arguing certainly warrant one of these!!!

20fagp3.gif

Dear me people...chill out.

You and that gif :)

BTW kudos for Irani beatdown, pmsl when I heard it.

I've done him a kipper on twitter to the point he banned me. No insults but pure football debate, called him out on Jones and called him clueless on all things not Cricket.

He's a pretentious twat who plays up to be something he isn't, knowledgeable, popular and funny being the main 3. His 'love' of Bayern, NFL, United, Ravi Bopara and banter with Aussie cricketers is cringeworthy. I'd love nothing more than to share half hour on Talksport live on air calling him out. Like many, I would aim to destroy him on air and expose him to the masses for the cock he is.

Anyway, bravo squire.

NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
NipHolmes said:
That's fair.

Well there's a bit of irony from me and I thought that as I typed. I moaned at people for putting down club based on conjecture (similarly to you).

But the thing with Marwood is that he was drafted in by Cook from their old days at Nike. I am led to believe his niche is Marketing. If so then I congratulate him on the #together campaign. But as a negotiator I feel we need somebody of experience. It seems like he was drafted in as a job for the boys and has been here since. A few high profile deals haven't been closed, Sanchez fair enough but I do believe Hazard was get-able.

For a guy with Marketing experience I'd appreciate more awareness to the media. Far too many negative City stories for my liking and as a Marketing manager for Nike he should be fully aware of brand value.

In short, we need a hardened out and out negotiator for closing deals. A proven performer is a must. And finally more effort into our marketing, bringing journo's onside is something we need to get on. The glory hunters as much as you hate them will come and we need them asap to boost revenues from merchandise ala United and Chelsea.

I understand about the gloryhunters & don't hate them but that's another discussion.

I really think we should have signed Hazard but I think we decided on a limit we were willing to pay & that is including agents bribes so I respect that.

We did the same with Yaya & Nasri & are probably doing it with RVP. I think that is club policy not Marwood. Khaldoon refers to this kind of thing all the time. Marwood answers to him.

I think Khaldoon was willing to bankroll pretty much anything at first, just to get us established, hence Bridge, Robinho, RSC etc & is now running things in a more businesslike manner.

I don't believe Hughes, Cook, Marwood, Mancini have the power to dictate that. They ask, he decides. So imo, criticisms of our transfer activity are criticisms of Khaldoon & the Sheikh. They decide & can step in at any time if they wish to push a deal through.

Plain Speaking said:
Neville Kneville said:
All joking aside, you people who are flapping are truly fucking pathetic. You know absolutely fuck all about where City are in the transfer market, or if we have agreements in place, all you know is bits & bobs fed from the media, 95% of which are almost always fucking wrong.

It really is embarrassing. Just fucking grow up.
Aggressive and condescending. Surely the point of a fans forum is so all fans can exchange views about what they think. Please show some respect for posters who dont agree with your own view. It's not a police state where we all have to tow the party line. If some fans are concerned and want to "flap" let them flap away. Its the diversity that makes BM interesting. Live and let live.

Yeah. flap and let flap.

Rammyblues said:

Thats all well and good but an ITK has just posted Mancini doesnt get on with some of our players and we are looking for a new manager ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.