It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Have we actually been linked with him?

Skrtel? apparently so;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7913573/Skrtel-reveals-approaches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... approaches</a>

I think the only players we will sign are young players and we're going to move up said young players to the first team like Rekik or Biton(if we sign him that is).

taconinja said:
80s Shorts said:
salfordpaul said:
hate to be the bearer of bad news but marwood is very highly thought of at city and is deemed to be doing a very good job! as is the temp ceo

So you have evidence he is not doing a good job ?
I read that as sarcastic towards the people that always want Marwood fired.

Im pretty certain if we do get RVP/ a few more then marwood wont be talked about any time soon the guy seems to be getting a lot of stick just coz we cant shift the deadwood! ade, santa, bridge i mean cm on whos gona give them around 100k a week ffs?

alextheswede said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Have we actually been linked with him?
Skrtel? apparently so;
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7913573/Skrtel-reveals-approaches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... approaches</a>
An interesting comment on there...
"Don't think LFC will sell him but his agents sister is friends with Roberto Mancini's wife so deal will probably happen."

leebo321 said:
taconinja said:
80s Shorts said:
So you have evidence he is not doing a good job ?

Im pretty certain if we do get RVP/ a few more then marwood wont be talked about any time soon the guy seems to be getting a lot of stick just coz we cant shift the deadwood! ade, santa, bridge i mean cm on whos gona give them around 100k a week ffs?
Hate this "deadwood" tag. these are international players who we would have been so happy to have at any time in the last 40 years. Makes us sound like spoilt rags.

mancityscot said:
alextheswede said:
Plain Speaking said:
Bottom 3 seem sensible for me, either striker to replace one if they want to leave. Martinez seems to offer potential and cover in a number of areas.
However I dont think Skrtel is good enough for the level we need to reach.
I cant see Barca/Real/Bayern looking to get him.

Yeah for sure Skrtel is far off world class but as a "back up" CB many of us are talking about needing, i think he would fit the bill, either him or Agger, although Skrtel has the advantage of having a gargoyle face to scare opponents away easier...

not a chance in hell skrtel will come to be or put up with being a back up. if he left liverpool it would be for first team football. end of
Skrtel would just be a stop gap. Yes he would compete with Lescott but he wouldnt form a "world class" partnership that IMO we should be aiming for, if we want to overtake Barca, Real, Bayern etc.
It would provide cover for Lescott but if VK were injured/suspended we would be much weaker.
I do realise Rome wasnt built in a day and sometimes you have to compromise.

danebanksheik said:
leebo321 said:
taconinja said:

Hate this "deadwood" tag. these are international players who we would have been so happy to have at any time in the last 40 years. Makes us sound like spoilt rags.

yes but in terms of are squad they deadwood. Im tired of people questioning people because we were shit. We are not anymore and things change aklong with expectations

johnny crossan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Do you know what you are going to have for lunch next Thursday?
nothing French, nothing Italian, nothing Dutch - must be something Spanish!
Is this a recent TH post?
Edit: sorry found it with the search facility - Wed 18th, about Lunch time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.