It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
80s Shorts said:
LoveCity said:
This argument is about one incident which has hurt more than helped our academy, maybe Marwood is doing things well in other departments and is doing a good job which has gained Khaldoon's praise.

Well ive got the goosebumps again at the end of the sky prem review.

We are doing something right.

Goodnight mate.

We're doing plenty right, I just find some of the stuff that has happened at youth level to be farcical for a club of our size now. Ahmad Benali (a Blue who *definitely* has no bitterness towards the club) said it, he had to work harder in training for Brescia (Italian Serie B) than he had in two years at Manchester City (champions of England). If Marwood is behind the sacking of the useless Andy Welsh who has ravaged our reserve system then he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Well hopefully, with developments around the academy, the whole setup will be a significant step up from the past. With the proposed investment one can only think that the best available coaches in the world will be employed.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 am --<br /><br />
cleav said:
good god, what happened to this thread?? i was enjoying it quite a bit, but it has gone to shit the past few days.

Well that has improved it no end.

Can we get this back on topic please. If anyone wants to discuss Marwood and his contribution, or lack of it, to City, then please feel free to start a new thread.

Wise words.

But I have to commend Manchester City for their inclusive management policy. In my business I routinely consult the security guard before replacing the Finance Director. I am therefore pleased to see that the decision to redeploy Cassell to Abu Dhabi was taken with the input of the Assistant Groundsman.

I do, of course model my business dealings on those of the Sheikh.

I've known the "source" (Ged) for many years. He's a good lad, a bit over the top in his love of City but I can assure you that he has lots of contacts within the club, and knows pretty much every young player that has come through the ranks over the years.

Having said that, he only knows the low-level stuff. He would have no idea on real transfer targets seeing as the players he knows wouldn't know either!

I've heard many of his "done deals" over the years. I can't remember him getting one right. But he does know the inner workings of the training ground so I wouldn't dismiss his ITK on who's fallen out with who!

I do find it a bit strange that LoveCity has become such a follower of Ged seeing as LC was such a strong defender of the youth set-up at City for so long (until very recently). I was extremely critical of the Andy Welsh appointment and era (as well as Scott Sellars) yet LC thought I was talking nonsense.

But now because a former Pitchforker is telling him what's really going on, he's all ears! Does LC not think that my source for the past few years might very well have been the same source that he's now backing? ;-))

LoveCity said:
He was a club employee, whether he was wrong or not is up for debate but the stuff he said had specific details about the youth system, very specific in some cases. By all means I may have been wrong to cite what he said but while mocking this info how about providing some counter-evidence as to why Cassell was relocated without the club bringing in a superior replacement which seems very unusual in post-takeover City. Isn't the whole point of getting rid of someone in this golden era to replace him with someone better? Cassell did not resign, he was forcibly reassigned, please tell me why rather than mocking the source of my info. When you can produce better evidence then I'll withdraw my comments about Cassell being pushed out by Marwood's influence.
I think you're getting me wrong mate, I'm not mocking you or your friends info, I don't come on here to somehow disrespect people. All's I'm doing is questioning the validity of it especially when you mention he did not resign but was forcibly re-assigned. Cassell stated that he was looking forward to it ............. actually, listen to the man himself.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/interviews/2009/november/jim-cassell-on-thrill-of-new-role

If we don't sign someone soon I will sqweem and sqweem and sqweem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.