It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlakeTheBlue said:
JosMCFC said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Barca are scraping pennies, and things do change. Bilbao are not a rich club.

Madrid might even leave Modric alone if the country goes in the tank.

We have some very shrewd cookies on our part.

I'm not the biggest fan of Modric, don't get the hype, but he could maybe do that role alongside Yaya?

Give them £30m plus Adebayor and give Spurs something to think about.
I got slated a few days ago for Saying modric let's see if those same clowns slate TH

He would be great in rotation with Barry alongside Yaya and now Twitcher is no longer a factor there might be room to move there. But surely Ade's wages would still be a factor in any deal he is part of?

Well Spurs would also have £30m in cash to help subsidise them.

As it is, Modric clearly has his heart set on Madrid.

If the Spanish economy reaches such a boiling point, that it is perceived as obscene to spend it in footballers, City should be shopping at Madrid and Barcelona, not the Tottenham Court Road!

GStar said:
RvP's legs are made of chocolate hobnobs.

I just don't see how a man used to playing as a lone striker and 'big fish' is the man to suddenly catapult us to glory (i.e doubles and trebles). Especially if he's in the treatment room or unable to adjust to our system.

A player like Schweinsteiger, that would complete the jigsaw in terms of starting XI imo. An attacker with pace, a youngster who could be brought on as an impact player would also be of benefit.

But there's a lot of risk around the RvP transfer and with the four strikers we have, i'm not sure that is our main area of concern.

hhmmmm.... chocolate hobnobs

Tolmie - is there any truth in that we've signed someone already but are either waiting for the right time to do a press release or awaiting a work permit decision?

Source is from another thread where someone (forget who) mentions we've signed someone on a 78k per week contract..

TH, are we even remotely interested in Santi Cazorla? News reports state that Arsenal can get him for as less as 16mil..seeing that we were once after Hazard, wouldn't this player be a good choice, as he can play on both wings?

JosMCFC said:
I agree with you Jos, i think its obvous we are in for him
Cheers mate Nice not to get abuse for a change[/quote]

Really. A guy with less than 100 posts on Bluemoon getting abuse? I'm shocked... Ignore the twats mate. It can be that kind of place at times unfortunately.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
JosMCFC said:
I got slated a few days ago for Saying modric let's see if those same clowns slate TH

He would be great in rotation with Barry alongside Yaya and now Twitcher is no longer a factor there might be room to move there. But surely Ade's wages would still be a factor in any deal he is part of?

If the Spanish economy reaches such a boiling point, that it is perceived as obscene to spend it in footballers, City should be shopping at Madrid and Barcelona, not the Tottenham Court Road!

Messi for 100m will be enough :)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
JosMCFC said:

Heard whispers of any names in particular from La Liga, TH? Outside of Martinez?

GStar said:

I just don't see how a man used to playing as a lone striker and 'big fish' is the man to suddenly catapult us to glory (i.e doubles and trebles). Especially if he's in the treatment room or unable to adjust to our system.

A player like Schweinsteiger, that would complete the jigsaw in terms of starting XI imo. An attacker with pace, a youngster who could be brought on as an impact player would also be of benefit.

But there's a lot of risk around the RvP transfer and with the four strikers we have, i'm not sure that is our main area of concern.

If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 pm --<br /><br />
lmjones1uk said:
Tolmie - is there any truth in that we've signed someone already but are either waiting for the right time to do a press release or awaiting a work permit decision?

Source is from another thread where someone (forget who) mentions we've signed someone on a 78k per week contract..

Bollocks.

And even if it were true, good luck anyone trying to prove any incoming player is on wages of £78k a week.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
GStar said:

If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

Can't see us keeping 4 strikers happy. Surely if we bring one in then Dzeko and Tevez are out?

In terms of other positions we're targetting, would it be safe to say they're central midfield and out wide (winger or full-back)?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
GStar said:

He ticks every box.

... He's 29 next month though, is he going to keep the level of performance up he did last season? If we pay anymore than 15m were crazy, he'll prob sign a 4yr deal on 200k a week - do we really want to have a 33yr old player on super high wages sitting on the bench??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.