It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can preach patience but the longer we wait, the less time the new arrivals have to settle in and the lack of a pre-season can lead to a difficult start with a new club for many players.

lmjones1uk said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
GStar said:
RvP's legs are made of chocolate hobnobs.

I just don't see how a man used to playing as a lone striker and 'big fish' is the man to suddenly catapult us to glory (i.e doubles and trebles). Especially if he's in the treatment room or unable to adjust to our system.

A player like Schweinsteiger, that would complete the jigsaw in terms of starting XI imo. An attacker with pace, a youngster who could be brought on as an impact player would also be of benefit.

But there's a lot of risk around the RvP transfer and with the four strikers we have, i'm not sure that is our main area of concern.

If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

... He's 29 next month though, is he going to keep the level of performance up he did last season? If we pay anymore than 15m were crazy, he'll prob sign a 4yr deal on 200k a week - do we really want to have a 33yr old player on super high wages sitting on the bench??!

You mean like Drogba?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I agree!

Can I just stress I don't know what Mancini had for breakfast this morning, what the Libor rate will be on Friday, and what the differential equation is between a sub-atomic mass and the God particle ;)

I do know that the old City Chippy on Claremont Road did the best chip barms in the entire world and were the food of my childhood.

Their secret?

Instead of wrapping them in paper, they put them in little cellophane bags. Thus the barm was allowed to steam and allow the vinegar to seep and infuse.

Genius.

I think you will find it' a chip MUFFIN tolm ;-)

Vincent said:
Tolmie, your'e slating of Adebayor is very narrow minded.

We employed him on a five year contract. It is us that want to break that contract not Adebayor. Why should he take a wage drop ? He was also employed on the basis that he was playing in the first team not with the reserves, so to see him in New York is hardly a surprise.

You and every other person would do the same in his shoes.

As for RVP, it's not going to happen. Quite simply, only around 5 clubs in the world at the moment have the funds to buy them and none of them are remotely interested. Clubs like Milan are a no go as they want them for next to nothing. We are not going to spend money on another forward as you say unless one of the two go and that is not going to happen.

Can't see us signing anybody during this window, but we shouldn't be worried. The group of players we have together now will only be stronger next year.

Not narrow-minded. Adebayor is prepared to put his wages before the rest of his career.

No problem, he can stay at City, we can keep paying him, as you say, we agreed the contract.

Difference is, he doesn't want that either and kicks up a fuss.

Can't have it both ways. Doesn't want to be at City, yet isn't prepared to take a pay cut.

And he sure as hell shouldn't be in New York when he should be back here training and 'earning' his £170k a week.

BlakeTheBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I agree!

Can I just stress I don't know what Mancini had for breakfast this morning, what the Libor rate will be on Friday, and what the differential equation is between a sub-atomic mass and the God particle ;)

I do know that the old City Chippy on Claremont Road did the best chip barms in the entire world and were the food of my childhood.

Their secret?

Instead of wrapping them in paper, they put them in little cellophane bags. Thus the barm was allowed to steam and allow the vinegar to seep and infuse.

Genius.

I think you will find it' a chip MUFFIN tolm ;-)

Butty !

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Vincent said:

We employed him on a five year contract. It is us that want to break that contract not Adebayor. Why should he take a wage drop ? He was also employed on the basis that he was playing in the first team not with the reserves, so to see him in New York is hardly a surprise.

As for RVP, it's not going to happen. Quite simply, only around 5 clubs in the world at the moment have the funds to buy them and none of them are remotely interested. Clubs like Milan are a no go as they want them for next to nothing. We are not going to spend money on another forward as you say unless one of the two go and that is not going to happen.

Can't see us signing anybody during this window, but we shouldn't be worried. The group of players we have together now will only be stronger next year.

Not narrow-minded. Adebayor is prepared to put his wages before the rest of his career.

No problem, he can stay at City, we can keep paying him, as you say, we agreed the contract.

Can't have it both ways. Doesn't want to be at City, yet isn't prepared to take a pay cut.

And he sure as hell shouldn't be in New York when he should be back here training and 'earning' his £170k a week.

Surely we aren't paying him if he's not showed up to training yet?

The cookie monster said:
Cant believe your a member of the barm clan tolm...

Dissapointed mate...

Think you will find that's what people from Central Manchester have always called them!

And I mean from M14 to the City limits, not fucking overspill like North Manchester and Stockport.

Cafe Nero got a special on muffins though.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Tackle said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Of course. Even allowing for Van Persie, we wanted Hazard, that's two.

I am still told the bombs will be at least three or four, not including a successful bid for Niang.

So if not Martinez in the spain squad the who ?

Barca are scraping pennies, and things do change. Bilbao are not a rich club.

Madrid might even leave Modric alone if the country goes in the tank.

We have some very shrewd cookies on our part.

I'm not the biggest fan of Modric, don't get the hype, but he could maybe do that role alongside Yaya?

Give them £30m plus Adebayor and give Spurs something to think about.

They don´t nee to be. They are making money and pay their taxes.

They cannot splash out on players so they are focussed on keeping the best team for a generation.

They can pay decent wages and can rely on the Euskara Batua to keep players happy.

Unles a player wants a move, it will be very difficult to prise them out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Vincent said:

The thing is though he didn't kick up any fuss.

We simply decided we no longer wanted him and made him train with the reserves which is pretty disrespectful to a footballer as talented as he is.

We did the same with Nedum, Bridge, RSC.

He is happy to stay and fight for his place but isn't being given that option.

If my employer had me on a five year contract and decided they no longer wanted me would i go to another company on less money, would I fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.