It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
JosMCFC said:
I got slated a few days ago for Saying modric let's see if those same clowns slate TH

He would be great in rotation with Barry alongside Yaya and now Twitcher is no longer a factor there might be room to move there. But surely Ade's wages would still be a factor in any deal he is part of?

Well Spurs would also have £30m in cash to help subsidise them.

As it is, Modric clearly has his heart set on Madrid.

If the Spanish economy reaches such a boiling point, that it is perceived as obscene to spend it in footballers, City should be shopping at Madrid and Barcelona, not the Tottenham Court Road!

You make a good point mate but i can just see too many sticking points in an Ade + cash deal for Modric even though it makes total sense for both clubs. As you say Modric looks smitten with Madrid, plus Spurs would loathe to sell to us and i still reckon they would want us to fund part of Ades wages as he doesn't appear to want to take a pay cut come rain or shine. On the surface that deal looks great for both clubs, but there a good few sticking points to consider also.

I was "speaking" to a few "fans" on a Real Madrid forum last week. They are the most arrogant bunch i have stumbled upon. No huge suprise there but amidst my attempt to assure them our Dave would sign a new deal and snub their great club, they insisted the Spanish economy had no baring on Reals spending as they make X amount of profit in a year and would do as they please.

sincity said:
TH, are we even remotely interested in Santi Cazorla? News reports state that Arsenal can get him for as less as 16mil..seeing that we were once after Hazard, wouldn't this player be a good choice, as he can play on both wings?

I agree!

Can I just stress I don't know what Mancini had for breakfast this morning, what the Libor rate will be on Friday, and what the differential equation is between a sub-atomic mass and the God particle ;)

I do know that the old City Chippy on Claremont Road did the best chip barms in the entire world and were the food of my childhood.

Their secret?

Instead of wrapping them in paper, they put them in little cellophane bags. Thus the barm was allowed to steam and allow the vinegar to seep and infuse.

Genius.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sincity said:
TH, are we even remotely interested in Santi Cazorla? News reports state that Arsenal can get him for as less as 16mil..seeing that we were once after Hazard, wouldn't this player be a good choice, as he can play on both wings?

I agree!

Can I just stress I don't know what Mancini had for breakfast this morning, what the Libor rate will be on Friday, and what the differential equation is between a sub-atomic mass and the God particle ;)

I do know that the old City Chippy on Claremont Road did the best chip barms in the entire world and were the food of my childhood.

Their secret?

Instead of wrapping them in paper, they put them in little cellophane bags. Thus the barm was allowed to steam and allow the vinegar to seep and infuse.

Genius.
Lol. Any more info regarding Silva's new contract TH. Thanks.

Tolm, assuming you are still on your "manly" dinner hr fella, any news on these NDJ stories? In my mind the loss of NDJ, with the 2 - 3 yrs PL experience he has gained would be a huge loss, especially if no DDR, possibly no Martinez and if the Spanish economy doesn't affect La Liga.

Cheers in advance mucka

Tolmie, your'e slating of Adebayor is very narrow minded.

We employed him on a five year contract. It is us that want to break that contract not Adebayor. Why should he take a wage drop ? He was also employed on the basis that he was playing in the first team not with the reserves, so to see him in New York is hardly a surprise.

You and every other person would do the same in his shoes.

As for RVP, it's not going to happen. Quite simply, only around 5 clubs in the world at the moment have the funds to buy them and none of them are remotely interested. Clubs like Milan are a no go as they want them for next to nothing. We are not going to spend money on another forward as you say unless one of the two go and that is not going to happen.

Can't see us signing anybody during this window, but we shouldn't be worried. The group of players we have together now will only be stronger next year.

mcfc2607 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
sincity said:

I agree!

Their secret?

Genius.

Good news very soon.

Enjoy rest of your day, lunch is over!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The stories today about Mancini/Marwood are leaks from Arsenal to their own press pool.

It shows you how desperate they are to ramp the price up to the maximum.

The articles are by John Cross (Mirror) and Charlie Wyett (Sun), coincidentally, they just happen to be London based writers on Arsenal's current tour of the Far East.

It is becoming increasingly obviously United and Juventus' leaked interest is currently at such a level, Arsenal are really having to stir it up to the max.

We certainly need to be more proactive on arriving at a decision as to whether it is Dzeko or Tevez which makes way, but the reason for it can certainly be explained.

Neither player is prepared to publicly state they want away, added to a pay-off, the low-balling of Arsenal on Van Persie will hopefully balance the scale.

And what the fuck is Adebayor doing in New York. Just seen out there last few days?

Guy is taking the absolute piss but we should have good news in and out the next seven days.

When others tell you all is lost, I say ignore the bullshit and let's be sensible about this ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291ET6Py6H8[/youtube]

TheRealFbloke won't like that! He is sure Javi and DDR are happening!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mcfc2607 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I agree!

Their secret?

Genius.

Good news very soon.

Enjoy rest of your day, lunch is over!

Deeeecent. Thanks tolmie

Mr Blue Stuff said:
Tolm, assuming you are still on your "manly" dinner hr fella, any news on these NDJ stories? In my mind the loss of NDJ, with the 2 - 3 yrs PL experience he has gained would be a huge loss, especially if no DDR, possibly no Martinez and if the Spanish economy doesn't affect La Liga.

Cheers in advance mucka

I agree.

GStar said:
RvP's legs are made of chocolate hobnobs.

I just don't see how a man used to playing as a lone striker and 'big fish' is the man to suddenly catapult us to glory (i.e doubles and trebles). Especially if he's in the treatment room or unable to adjust to our system.

A player like Schweinsteiger, that would complete the jigsaw in terms of starting XI imo. An attacker with pace, a youngster who could be brought on as an impact player would also be of benefit.

But there's a lot of risk around the RvP transfer and with the four strikers we have, i'm not sure that is our main area of concern.

Got to disagree with you fella,the amount of chances we created and missed as a team last season wasnt good enough,we still are not clinical enough in the penalty area.Van Persie is fucking lethal-he makes goals out of awkward situations and can turn on a sixpence,coupled with his assist ratio he would take us onto the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.