It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
If City are giving serious consideration to the option of 3 at the back, and if the rumour is true that Marwood has been to Barcelona, then I think we are in for Dani Alves.

i think the 3 at the back would be used but not as much as people think. we'll soon know if bob gets rid of micah.

I doubt Micah will be going anywhere as he can play in the back 3 or as the wing back; add to that he's English and from our own academy.

If Alvez was to come in then I think the player going out will be Kolorov. Zabaleta to me looks equally at home covering left back.

de niro said:
If City are giving serious consideration to the option of 3 at the back, and if the rumour is true that Marwood has been to Barcelona, then I think we are in for Dani Alves.

i think the 3 at the back would be used but not as much as people think. we'll soon know if bob gets rid of micah.
Why would we sell Micah? Would have to buy another right back, and I doubt we'd find one as good as him. He'll get better too.

I think we might play 3-5-2 at times especially at home where teams come and park the bus

Marvin said:
What's exciting about City's current team is that Hart, Richards, Kompany, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli, Johnson are all young and will get better and better.

We did not assemble this team to buy players at their peak, we bought them with a deliberate strategy in mind, and some fans don't get it. They are addicted to transfers for the sake of it. I'd like 1 or 2 additions for the 1st team squad if we can find players better than what we have and beat Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid to their signature.

Don't give me Alves and the like. A couple of years ago we may have tried for a transfer like that.

You make a valid point Marvin. I wonder though if winning the title now changes things. We have the nucleous of young squad, and we should try to keep it that way, but what is the harm of adding the odd player in his prime if he is an exact fit for what we want?

adrianr said:
Marvin said:
There was a rumour that the player we were looking at was Alcantara.

Just fishing for a valuation of his services by the sounds of it. Is he due a contract renegotiation with Barca any time soon?
It was renewed at end of June which killed the speculation<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:40 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
What's exciting about City's current team is that Hart, Richards, Kompany, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli, Johnson are all young and will get better and better.

We did not assemble this team to buy players at their peak, we bought them with a deliberate strategy in mind, and some fans don't get it. They are addicted to transfers for the sake of it. I'd like 1 or 2 additions for the 1st team squad if we can find players better than what we have and beat Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid to their signature.

Don't give me Alves and the like. A couple of years ago we may have tried for a transfer like that.

You make a valid point Marvin. I wonder though if winning the title now changes things. We have the nucleous of young squad, and we should try to keep it that way, but what is the harm of adding the odd player in his prime if he is an exact fit for what we want?
RVP might just come into that category but even then I'd be wary of disrupting the form of Aguero. Can RVP repeat what he did last season? Aguero certainly can, and I expect him to get even better

Bluemoon last week "City would never spunk 20-30mill on a 28 nearly 29yr old RVP"

Bluemoon this week "City need to sign this player-class,quality etc etc"

So last week we would never blow this sort of money yet this week we would. Some fans seriously need to stop living on every bit of bullshit the press spread.

De rossi will not be signing for us at those prices.

Hurry up back off your jollies Tolm so this forum can get some sanity back!

Here's a question I want to throw out there, it may have already been covered but if RVP does join and plays with Aguero who will play as the main striker and who will play deeper?

I'm sure I have read somewhere that Aguero played deeper at Atletico. Was Bobby playing him as the main striker last season as he didn't fancy Dzeko or Balotelli to do the job of the main striker?

Are both of our strikers expected to drop deep as and when they can find space? Are the positions of a main striker and one who plays deeper figments of my imagination or did I see Aguero and Tevez finish the seasons in these roles?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Bluemoon last week "City would never spunk 20-30mill on a 28 nearly 29yr old RVP"

So last week we would never blow this sort of money yet this week we would. Some fans seriously need to stop living on every bit of bullshit the press spread.

I think your confusing your argument.

Maybe people don't want to "spunk" vast amounts on RvP because they don't see him as an improvement on what we've got?

Yet "spunking" vast amounts on de Rossi might make more sense as we're still in need a quality central midfielder.

And I'm not sure what difference Tolmie's return will have to all this?

Are both of our strikers expected to drop deep as and when they can find space? Are the positions of a main striker and one who plays deeper figments of my imagination or did I see Aguero and Tevez finish the seasons in these roles?

Probably. For tactical reason and to get som rest under the game.

Soulboy said:

Maybe people don't want to "spunk" vast amounts on RvP because they don't see him as an improvement on what we've got?

Yet "spunking" vast amounts on de Rossi might make more sense as we're still in need a quality central midfielder.

So you don't think RVP is an improvement on Dzeko?

What's wrong with Barry? De Jong? Milner?

I forgot we didn't win fuck all last year with these players in the team. Tolmie is quite clearly an ITK and I for one believe him before any bloody story in the daily fail!

Soulboy said:

So you don't think RVP is an improvement on Dzeko?

What's wrong with Barry? De Jong? Milner?

I forgot we didn't win fuck all last year with these players in the team. Tolmie is quite clearly an ITK and I for one believe him before any bloody story in the daily fail!

So RvP would replace Dzeko then... as 4th. choice striker?

If RvP arrives it's to replaace Aguero, Tevez or Balotelli... and do you think he's any better than those three?

Possibly. But enough to "spunk" vast amounts of money on? That's the point I was making in referring to your apparent uncertaintly why people have differing views on the signing of RvP or de Rossi.

And if you think Barry, de Jong or Milner are better than de Rossi then you truly are wearing blue-tinted spectacles!

One thing I do agree with, is us winning the Premiership last season means we don't have to chase new signings. We are already strong. Glad to see you're not one of those flappers demanding new players at the drop of a hat!

Tolmie may very well be ITK. I just commented as to what that had to do with the varying views on the respective signings of RvP or de Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.