It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmdub said:
still think rvp is a luxury if he comes and wouldnt be gutted if he didnt, hope dzeko situation is sorted and if he stays i hope hes happy to do so and not feel like hes forced. really think that are midfield/forward will only get better with more time together. still need to remember that it was nasri's first year last year with no preseason, silva had a coming out party all year, aguero's first year, tevez gone most of the year, dzeko's full first year and so on. chemistry and everything else should improve this season, no reason to not think so

This

Can we not take the risk with FFP this season to enable us to land our signings like PSG and Chelsea? Would be punished if we don't meet the criteria THIS season?

I ask because the leeches will all be gone this time next year besides maybe Adebayor (2 years left if we don't find a buyer/loaner) and we'll also have Kolo (who I don't pair with the freeloading leeches) and his big wages off the books. So even if we up our wage bill this year, it'll be temporary as Santa Cruz + Bridge + M. Johnson + Kolo will 100% definitely be off the books next season and it might only be Adebayor left leeching gold out the club's treasury of the ones playing no part.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Just a quick drop in.

Van Persie's camp are very twitchy and have imposed a deadline of their own over the coming seven days for City to conclude out outgoing business of a striker.

Do not believe the supposed leaks that he does not entertain us, it's bullshit.

He has been holding out for us, but wants this sorted now, one way or another, before he arrives at a final decision.

Laughable to suggest the Van Persie camp have briefed John Cross and co that we are not in this low-ball auction.

Completely detrimental to the entire process. We only have to brief we are out of this auction. RVP will not burn his bridges with ANY club.

We will be back in the next 48 hours to Liverpool for Agger.

Tevez camp telling anyone who wishes to listen that he is staying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpevZ0-wUYQ[/youtube]

So if RVP and Agger come in is this in addition to the 'Bombs' and amazing incomings that will turn heads (or whatever it is you said)?

LoveCity said:
Can we not take the risk with FFP this season to enable us to land our signings like PSG and Chelsea? Would be punished if we don't meet the criteria THIS season?

I ask because the leeches will all be gone this time next year besides maybe Adebayor (2 years left if we don't find a buyer/loaner) and we'll also have Kolo (who I don't pair with the freeloading leeches) and his big wages off the books. So even if we up our wage bill this year, it'll be temporary as Santa Cruz + Bridge + M. Johnson + Kolo will 100% definitely be off the books next season and it might only be Adebayor left leeching gold out the club's treasury of the ones playing no part.
CFC had holes in their squad to fill - Drogba, Anelka left. Essien damaged. Lampard ageing etc etc. We don't have holes.

I'd back the Champions. There's a lot more to come. Yes, CFC have bought some top quality in Oscar and Hazard but would you have bought Oscar for City when we have Silva, Yaya, Nasri?

Mancini's job is not to hoover up the best players in the market, but to look to improve our squad which is a different matter

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

CFC had holes in their squad to fill - Drogba, Anelka left. Essien damaged. Lampard ageing etc etc. We don't have holes.

I'd back the Champions. There's a lot more to come. Yes, CFC have bought some top quality in Oscar and Hazard but would you have bought Oscar for City when we have Silva, Yaya, Nasri?

Mancini's job is not to hoover up the best players in the market, but to look to improve our squad which is a different matter

Well said.

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

Fair points but not really relevant at all to what I was saying, which wasn't sign for the fun of it. I was saying can't we spend on the targets Mancini clearly wants (he doesn't want ZERO players through the door as currently is the case) to improve the squad and worry about FFP next year (like PSG and Chelsea seem to be doing) when the freeloaders preventing us from spending the money due to their wages are definitely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.