It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
FantasyIreland said:
There's not a chance in hell we're going into a title defending season without the addition of two or three players,still plenty of time.

This all day.

Bullshit. If Kompany or Lescott go down to injury while Kolo's in Africa we could run in to some issues, Yaya's absence isn't going to be fun, and Silva's form dropping off could spell problems. But those are all what ifs, not guarantees. We are even stronger in attack with the return of Tevez, and Razak and Suarez could be ready for first team appearances.

If you don't think the current squad can compete without multiple additions after the year we had last year you're crazy. And a poor supporter of the club.

Kolo and Yaya to the AfCONs isn't a "What if?"

This is also assuming that Yaya manages to go a full season without being injured.. We need to be doing all we can to get DDR in as soon as we can. All it would take is a bad tackle and our season could be all but over.

SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Not worried about the lack of transfer activity yet. I'm sure we realize our vulnerability at CB and will make a move to fix it, having Tevez for a full season is almost like a signing except he already fits into the team, and a lot of our youth player are really coming on strong.

I expect to see the current squad players preform even more strongly than last year with Clichy, Kun Aguero, and Nasri having spent a full season in Manchester.

This

Harvey87 said:
This is also assuming that Yaya manages to go a full season without being injured.. We need to be doing all we can to get DDR in as soon as we can. All it would take is a bad tackle and our season could be all but over.
I dont quite get this thinking. We dont need more central midfielders. We definitely dont need 29yr olds when we have 3 players that already play the position. Last season central midfield is not where we struggled

i assume deals will be announced out of the blue without the customary 2-3 weeks of newspaper leaks, speculated medicals, leaks about contract negotiations etc, because there just isn't time for that.

SURELY we will here something soon

Luke_mcfc said:
Maybe the money is drying up...
Yet we're committing huge sums to extending players contracts and rebuilding around the ground.

Maybe priorities have changed and we're no longer fishing for 4-5 1st team players each window. We're now Champions, and it would be stupid to sign another 4-5 first team players who are not as good and older than what we have.

Try and find a striker who is better than Balotelli, Aguero and Tevez. Impossible.

or a midfielder who can out-power Yaya Toure. Or a midfielder with the vision and touch of Silva and Nasri. Very difficult.

If I were City I'd keep the powder dry until an exceptional player becomes available, and at the same time I'd be trying to hoover up all the outstanding young talent for the academy so that we dominate football for years to come

mansour's tow ropes said:
i assume deals will be announced out of the blue without the customary 2-3 weeks of newspaper leaks, speculated medicals, leaks about contract negotiations etc, because there just isn't time for that.

SURELY we will here something soon

This HAS to be the right view
Bobby signed a 5yr deal
He constantly talks about improving
Surely we won't stand still
Here's hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.