It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried about the lack of transfer activity yet. I'm sure we realize our vulnerability at CB and will make a move to fix it, having Tevez for a full season is almost like a signing except he already fits into the team, and a lot of our youth player are really coming on strong.

I expect to see the current squad players preform even more strongly than last year with Clichy, Kun Aguero, and Nasri having spent a full season in Manchester.

Wretched Vengeance said:
FantasyIreland said:
There's not a chance in hell we're going into a title defending season without the addition of two or three players,still plenty of time.

This all day.

Bullshit. If Kompany or Lescott go down to injury while Kolo's in Africa we could run in to some issues, Yaya's absence isn't going to be fun, and Silva's form dropping off could spell problems. But those are all what ifs, not guarantees. We are even stronger in attack with the return of Tevez, and Razak and Suarez could be ready for first team appearances.

If you don't think the current squad can compete without multiple additions after the year we had last year you're crazy. And a poor supporter of the club.

We should bring in another central defender unless Boyata or Savic are ready to step up to the plate in a defending Premier League champion side. Other than that a midfielder would be a smart addition, depending on what sort of tactics Mancini is planning to use domestically and in Europe this season, possible a wide player or another holding midfielder since Barry is still injured right and we will lose Yaya for the AFCON. I really liked Pizarro with his intelligent deep play-making and great vision/passing from the midfield, any younger players like him?

We still planning to make a move for De Rossi?

i dont think u can underestimate how big losing yaya and kolo i think? to afcon is going to be, it doesnt even matter who we face those games will be tough regardless just based on how much he does for us

cmdub said:
i dont think u can underestimate how big losing yaya and kolo i think? to afcon is going to be, it doesnt even matter who we face those games will be tough regardless just based on how much he does for us

Yeah it's not ideal to lose Yaya, but we have NDJ, Barry, Milner, Razak and even Nasri (similar to the position he held for France in parts of the Euros) who all can play a holding central midfield with various levels of attacking intent. And we aren't the only side with African players in the PL.

argyle said:
Every team has potential to improve each year.

Never said we wouldn't strengthen, I said it's disappointing that with two weeks to the start of the season we have no one new in.

Mancini would have wanted new players to bed in with the team during pre-season.

Marwood etc, have done a pretty bad job this summer.

Also, surely RVP and Agger weren't the bombs our ITK's have raved about all summer??
Leonardo>Marwood (bozo the clown)

Tbh, I don't fancy the idea of buying a player just to fill Yaya's shoes for that few months. Last thing we want is to buy a first-team player for the bench.

I would very much rather we buy an alternative midfielder to compete with Barry, Nigel and Yaya whilst, without Yaya, could hold his own in the midfield and with Yaya, could give us a secondary dimension in attack. In short, a General in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.