It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmdub said:
I disagree LC if Silva or nasri were to get injured I wouldn't mind seeing Suarez inserted into their role to fill in after what I saw today

Well you aren't really disagreeing because I only said they block his path, meaning he isn't going to get many first team minutes except in the cups if we don't tumble out of them early. It's the problem with such a star heavy squad, they can't even get on the bench without a big name being sacrificed. In a way some injuries would be good for their development because it'd free spots on the bench for them, but our sports science team kept our first teamers largely injury free last season. :)

cmdub said:
I disagree LC if Silva or nasri were to get injured I wouldn't mind seeing Suarez inserted into their role to fill in after what I saw today

Remind me which team we were playing?

argyle said:
We absolutely do need to bring in players. Those that disagree are over confident in our squad.

We didn't do well in the Champions league and won the league on goal difference - we need to continually improve and experience will only get you so far.

If you were told at the end of the season that with two weeks to go until the start of the season that we would bring no one in and also still had the deadwood in our squad you would be disappointed.
This

greasedupdeafguy said:
argyle said:
We absolutely do need to bring in players. Those that disagree are over confident in our squad.

We didn't do well in the Champions league and won the league on goal difference - we need to continually improve and experience will only get you so far.

If you were told at the end of the season that with two weeks to go until the start of the season that we would bring no one in and also still had the deadwood in our squad you would be disappointed.
This

That

mancityscot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
argyle said:

This

That
Maybe

argyle said:

But City are a new team - we have a big potential to improve. Take the forward line that RVP was supposed to supplement, Aguero, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko will all be better, or should be

Whoi says we wont strengthen? Better to bring players in areas where we are weaker eg defensive midfield / central defence / wide player

There's not a chance in hell we're going into a title defending season without the addition of two or three players,still plenty of time.

Marvin said:
argyle said:

But City are a new team - we have a big potential to improve. Take the forward line that RVP was supposed to supplement, Aguero, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko will all be better, or should be

Whoi says we wont strengthen? Better to bring players in areas where we are weaker eg defensive midfield / central defence / wide player

Every team has potential to improve each year.

Never said we wouldn't strengthen, I said it's disappointing that with two weeks to the start of the season we have no one new in.

Mancini would have wanted new players to bed in with the team during pre-season.

Marwood etc, have done a pretty bad job this summer.

Also, surely RVP and Agger weren't the bombs our ITK's have raved about all summer??

argyle said:
Marvin said:
argyle said:

Every team has potential to improve each year.

Never said we wouldn't strengthen, I said it's disappointing that with two weeks to the start of the season we have no one new in.

Mancini would have wanted new players to bed in with the team during pre-season.

Marwood etc, have done a pretty bad job this summer.

Also, surely RVP and Agger weren't the bombs our ITK's have raved about all summer??
We don't know anything so pointless assessing Marwood. He has the easiest job in the world. We are the Champions and here's the money so the employees are irrelevant, and for what its worth I remember Marwood as a competent and articulate guy as PFA Chairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.