It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue12 said:
What's your take on bobby's comments regarding rvp tolm ?

Bobby isn't exactly known for telling the whole truth.

He is a master of the dark arts and is always seeking leverage over people or situations.

He lowers expectations because anything else is a bonus.

Mancini speaks a lot to the Italian press, but in the main, it is someone putting him on the spot and simply thrusting a mike under his nose for a quick soundbite.

He has also previously gone on record to talk about numerous players to the Italian media, Cavani, de Rossi, Ibra, etc.

I would say if United now miss out on Moura to PSG, Van Persie's situation could become even more drawn out.

It's a pertinent point somebody else has raised. We are now deep in the window and most players need to bed in and get used to the Premier League.

Unless they are already accustomed to it like Van Persie.

Del_Bosque said:
Matt Diablo said:
Del_Bosque said:
He gets shot at the end that's why it goes to a black screen and the credits role

no he doesn't! Its left open ended so I don't know where you get that from?!

David Chase has given a few in depth interviews explaining.

The guy in the members only jacket kills him.

It cuts to black as Tony is the main focus of the show and it ends as his life ends.

You don't see or hear the shot as they make a point of saying "you probably don't even hear it" when talking about Bobby getting whacked earlier on
Absolute tosh the ending is meant to tease and he stated many times it's about interpretation.

yayas trusty right foot said:
blue12 said:
What's your take on bobby's comments regarding rvp tolm ?

It could mean anything ?

Remember last season " the title is finished "

It could also be a round about way of telling RVP - stop fucking us around or we WILL move on.

All the transfer talk on here is of RVP and more recently Agger

Thats 2 players in two different positions,no defensive midfielders names really mentioned yet!

How about some old school you tube clues fella to perk this bloody thread up!!!

Matt Diablo said:
Del_Bosque said:
Matt Diablo said:
no he doesn't! Its left open ended so I don't know where you get that from?!

David Chase has given a few in depth interviews explaining.

The guy in the members only jacket kills him.

It cuts to black as Tony is the main focus of the show and it ends as his life ends.

You don't see or hear the shot as they make a point of saying "you probably don't even hear it" when talking about Bobby getting whacked earlier on

Sure learnt, its a long time since I saw the last episode and it was that intense its a blur

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...truth-behind-sopranos-ending-article-1.231236

David Chase has broken his self-imposed omerta. The creator of "The Sopranos" came clean about the show's ambiguous ending in book published this week.

So were those onion rings Tony's last meal?

Chase says that Tony did not get whacked, as many fans speculated when their screens faded to black following the restaurant scene that ended the storied TV series (and which Hillary Clinton later parodied in a campaign ad).

In "The Sopranos: The Complete Book," Chase berates fans for obsessing over the ending.

"There WAS a war going on that week, and attempted terror attacks in London," Chase says. "But these people were talking about onion rings."

Worse yet was fans' bloodlust for the often sympathetic mob honcho whose travails they'd devoted themselves to over eight seasons.

Tony, Chase says, "had been people's alter ego. They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie and cheat. They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted 'justice'...

"The pathetic thing - to me - was how much they wanted HIS blood, after cheering him on for eight years."

Chase also defended his decision to avoid a neat conclusion in bringing the series to a close. "Sopranos" fanatics tossed theories around and hotly debated supposed "clues" to the characters' fates embedded in the final episode, which aired June 10.

"There are no esoteric clues in there. No 'Da Vinci Code,"' Chase states matter-of-factly.

And he feels the show concluded on a hopeful note.

A.J. will "probably be a low-level movie producer. But he's not going to be a killer like his father, is he? Meadow may not become a pediatrician or even a lawyer ... but she'll learn to operate in the world in ways that Carmela never did.

"It's not ideal. It's not what the parents dreamed of. But it's better than it was," Chase says.

As for the blackout midway through Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," Chase had wanted the show's ending to be even more abrupt.

"Originally, I didn't want any credits at all," says Chase. "I just wanted the black screen to go the length of the credits - all the way to the HBO 'whoosh' sound. But the Directors Guild wouldn't give us a waiver."

The choice was an artistic one, and was not meant as a slap in the face to fans.

"Why would we want to do that?" Chase asks. "Why would we entertain people for eight years only to give them the finger?"

yayas trusty right foot said:
B3nStr0ng said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpDxCo2vic[/youtube]

I remember this video from another of TH's threads. Cant think for the life of me what is was tho, ring any bells with anyone?

Sussed it...

Tolmies fave band is Journey...

I can highly recommend Infinity from around 1978, one of the best rock albums ever.

Steve Perrys vocals on this album are just amazing..

Escape topped Infinity though......and my favourite Journey Singer is Steve Augeri, from Italian stock....and the album he did with them is called Arrival.....hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.