It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnny crossan said:
Mancio said:
my point was as for as i know mancini i believe he would prefear to play with a short + a tall stiker couple , just this.
the correct Italian idiom is ownlee theez

must admit i'm a very confused on when should use the "just" and when the "only" , you are right .

anyway teese iz football we are talking about ...

EaglesFan said:
Fellas - "improvement" often comes from within.

We had the best strike-force in EPL, and apart from maybe Tevez - none of them are at their full potential yet (and that is scary, actually).

People keep saying "we didnt improve" - hell we didnt! These guys have won the league, have a great year under their belt, and that by itself is the best "improvement" you can have.

Balo will be better.
Dzeko will be better.
Aguero will be better.

Chemistry will be EVEN better...getting another striker in really isnt worth fuck all.

Let the lads GROW together, and watch the magic happen.

In theory, every team can improve the longer they are together. Experience only gets you so far however.

argyle said:
EaglesFan said:
Fellas - "improvement" often comes from within.

We had the best strike-force in EPL, and apart from maybe Tevez - none of them are at their full potential yet (and that is scary, actually).

People keep saying "we didnt improve" - hell we didnt! These guys have won the league, have a great year under their belt, and that by itself is the best "improvement" you can have.

Balo will be better.
Dzeko will be better.
Aguero will be better.

Chemistry will be EVEN better...getting another striker in really isnt worth fuck all.

Let the lads GROW together, and watch the magic happen.

In theory, every team can improve the longer they are together. Experience only gets you so far however.

You are right. I saw the 1966 World Cup team take on Germany a few years ago and they hadn't improved much despite being together for 40 odd years. : ).

Edwaardz said:
People keep saying that Tevez and Aguero are a perfect partnership and that they compliment each other so well but I haven't really seen anything to make me believe that.

Yes they linked up relatively well against an incredibly poor Norwich defense but that's about it. In our pre-season games they've actually looked pretty pissed off with each other at times because neither is seeing the runs the other is making and they're both taking too long on the ball.

It is widely known in Argentina that they don't play well together for the national team so why would it work so well for us?

How many top striker partnerships are there in the world where both players are small and can't win the ball from goal kicks?

In a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 we're going to be getting a lot of crosses in, are they both gonna out-jump 6ft+ centre-backs to head the ball into the back of the net?

I think people need to think for themselves and not just say "They play very well together" just because some commentator says it.

THIS

With Tevez and Aguero in the team we are too one dimensional, every ball needs to be played short into their feet. It restricts space and the centre of the pitch/edge of the box becomes over crowded and it slows our play down to walking pace. We'll still score goals because of the individual brillance but as a team I personally think Tevez being partnered with Aguero negatively affects us. People can say what they like about the last 7 games of the season, we won 11 out of the first 12 games with an average of over 3 goals per game using the Tevez/Aguero partnership just once.

When Tevez and Aguero play Yaya will play further forward to add another dimension I think. It'll be interesting to see where Silva and Nasri play this season. IMO Yaya is our best attacking option so we need to utilize him more than ever this year.

NDJ will also be vital to us IMO.

fatbloke said:
Edwaardz said:
People keep saying that Tevez and Aguero are a perfect partnership and that they compliment each other so well but I haven't really seen anything to make me believe that.

Yes they linked up relatively well against an incredibly poor Norwich defense but that's about it. In our pre-season games they've actually looked pretty pissed off with each other at times because neither is seeing the runs the other is making and they're both taking too long on the ball.

It is widely known in Argentina that they don't play well together for the national team so why would it work so well for us?

How many top striker partnerships are there in the world where both players are small and can't win the ball from goal kicks?

In a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 we're going to be getting a lot of crosses in, are they both gonna out-jump 6ft+ centre-backs to head the ball into the back of the net?

I think people need to think for themselves and not just say "They play very well together" just because some commentator says it.

THIS

With Tevez and Aguero in the team we are too one dimensional, every ball needs to be played short into their feet. It restricts space and the centre of the pitch/edge of the box becomes over crowded and it slows our play down to walking pace. We'll still score goals because of the individual brillance but as a team I personally think Tevez being partnered with Aguero negatively affects us. People can say what they like about the last 7 games of the season, we won 11 out of the first 12 games with an average of over 3 goals per game using the Tevez/Aguero partnership just once.

Barcelona seem to manage with small strikers.

fatbloke said:
Edwaardz said:

THIS

Winning with no preassure, and winning to close the gap with lots pressure where on slip up and it's all over after an amazingly tough season... you cant compare in anyway to the start of the season...

They are ideal as plan A for to many reasons to list, but the main being that they are both a constant danger. something you cant say about Mario or Dzeko..

Both need to be doubled up on at times and that leaves space for the other, id take an educated guess that is the reason he wants a winger with pace... add that and you have an almost unstoppable attack. double up on one and the other two will hurt you.

Both also have the ability top beat defenders, whilst playing the passing game, then in the case of Tevez, can scrap it out...

those are without doubt our best two strikers, i have no love for Dzeko simply because no matter what system you play he is not good enough on the ball.. Mario still needs to be consistent before he can be world class.

i8rags said:
Del_Bosque said:
Matt Diablo said:
no he doesn't! Its left open ended so I don't know where you get that from?!

David Chase has given a few in depth interviews explaining.

The guy in the members only jacket kills him.

It cuts to black as Tony is the main focus of the show and it ends as his life ends.

You don't see or hear the shot as they make a point of saying "you probably don't even hear it" when talking about Bobby getting whacked earlier on
Absolute tosh the ending is meant to tease and he stated many times it's about interpretation.

Correct.

It's meant to mean that Tony will forever be looking over his shoulder for that fateful day when he is whacked.

Which will inevitably come. Even if it is not that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.