It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phuket Blue said:
Talking of Dwarfs. I noticed no one called them fat dwarfs, which Tevez arguably was late last season! I'd still take a fat dwarf who can play, over a beanpole. In fact I'd take a fat, unfit, smoker/drinker dwarf who can really play, over about anyone.
Free Rags season ticket to the one who who can name the short, fat, unfit (non-argy) dwarf I am referring to?

GDM ??

Mancio said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:
unfortunally we are not barcelona , and premier league is not la liga.

then you can go to recall wich forwards mancini signed in all his career and you'll find that but aguero they were all at least 6 feet

The point I'm making is that it's disrespectful to refer to two top class forwards as two dwarfs when they are both City players and have respectively been our top scorers in the previous two seasons. As for the forwards the gaffer has signed in his career, I don't see how that is particularly relevant as to whether Tevez and Aguero can effectively work together and be our first choice forward line.

forgive me . English is not my first language. nor even the second.

so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

A dwarf is someone under 147 cm, which is about 4ft 8.

at 173cm, Aguero is 1.4cm below Argentine national average.

grunge said:
Mancio said:
Mister Appointment said:
The point I'm making is that it's disrespectful to refer to two top class forwards as two dwarfs when they are both City players and have respectively been our top scorers in the previous two seasons. As for the forwards the gaffer has signed in his career, I don't see how that is particularly relevant as to whether Tevez and Aguero can effectively work together and be our first choice forward line.

forgive me . English is not my first language. nor even the second.

so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

A dwarf is someone under 147 cm, which is about 4ft 8.

at 173cm, Aguero is 1.4cm below Argentine national average.

South Americans are a smaller race than Europeans. Boxing is the best example of this. Very few boxers from South America fight in divisions above welterweight.

The UK is full of dwarfs. Your average height is only about 177cm. We're at least 3cm taller on average. Who are you to call the Argentine people dwarfs? ;)

People keep saying that Tevez and Aguero are a perfect partnership and that they compliment each other so well but I haven't really seen anything to make me believe that.

Yes they linked up relatively well against an incredibly poor Norwich defense but that's about it. In our pre-season games they've actually looked pretty pissed off with each other at times because neither is seeing the runs the other is making and they're both taking too long on the ball.

It is widely known in Argentina that they don't play well together for the national team so why would it work so well for us?

How many top striker partnerships are there in the world where both players are small and can't win the ball from goal kicks?

In a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 we're going to be getting a lot of crosses in, are they both gonna out-jump 6ft+ centre-backs to head the ball into the back of the net?

I think people need to think for themselves and not just say "They play very well together" just because some commentator says it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTD0XbM0to" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTD0XbM0to</a>

it'll come out of the blue, and it'll be a group of 3 in rapid succession.

just happen already ffs, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.