It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
grunge said:
Mancio said:
forgive me . English is not my first language. nor even the second.

so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

A dwarf is someone under 147 cm, which is about 4ft 8.

at 173cm, Aguero is 1.4cm below Argentine national average.

South Americans are a smaller race than Europeans. Boxing is the best example of this. Very few boxers from South America fight in divisions above welterweight.

Not particularly with Argentina, assuming the website im looking at is right, National average in the UK is 176.8cm, Argentine national average is 174.46cm. so less than an inch less.

Edwaardz said:
People keep saying that Tevez and Aguero are a perfect partnership and that they compliment each other so well but I haven't really seen anything to make me believe that.

Yes they linked up relatively well against an incredibly poor Norwich defense but that's about it. In our pre-season games they've actually looked pretty pissed off with each other at times because neither is seeing the runs the other is making and they're both taking too long on the ball.

It is widely known in Argentina that they don't play well together for the national team so why would it work so well for us?

How many top striker partnerships are there in the world where both players are small and can't win the ball from goal kicks?

In a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 we're going to be getting a lot of crosses in, are they both gonna out-jump 6ft+ centre-backs to head the ball into the back of the net?

I think people need to think for themselves and not just say "They play very well together" just because some commentator says it.

I'm with you on this. They aren't our best pairing.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Cavani Agger and De Rossi

That would be a perfect window imo. Biton and possinly Niang to top off but if we got the 3 mentioned I reckon we would win prem 'easier' than last season and I think we'd get to semi's in CL.

It would be destructive in every department. Only a wide player needed from there on in. Balotelli could always be played as a winger until that point?

Didsbury Dave said:
Edwaardz said:
People keep saying that Tevez and Aguero are a perfect partnership and that they compliment each other so well but I haven't really seen anything to make me believe that.

Yes they linked up relatively well against an incredibly poor Norwich defense but that's about it. In our pre-season games they've actually looked pretty pissed off with each other at times because neither is seeing the runs the other is making and they're both taking too long on the ball.

It is widely known in Argentina that they don't play well together for the national team so why would it work so well for us?

How many top striker partnerships are there in the world where both players are small and can't win the ball from goal kicks?

In a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 we're going to be getting a lot of crosses in, are they both gonna out-jump 6ft+ centre-backs to head the ball into the back of the net?

I think people need to think for themselves and not just say "They play very well together" just because some commentator says it.

I'm with you on this. They aren't our best pairing.

Norwich aside I would have to agree, our best pairing staistically is probably Dzeko and Aguero.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I think Mancini favours blotelli and Aguero partnership though although the number of assists for each player is low

Fellas - "improvement" often comes from within.

We had the best strike-force in EPL, and apart from maybe Tevez - none of them are at their full potential yet (and that is scary, actually).

People keep saying "we didnt improve" - hell we didnt! These guys have won the league, have a great year under their belt, and that by itself is the best "improvement" you can have.

Balo will be better.
Dzeko will be better.
Aguero will be better.

Chemistry will be EVEN better...getting another striker in really isnt worth fuck all.

Let the lads GROW together, and watch the magic happen.

EaglesFan said:
Fellas - "improvement" often comes from within.

We had the best strike-force in EPL, and apart from maybe Tevez - none of them are at their full potential yet (and that is scary, actually).

People keep saying "we didnt improve" - hell we didnt! These guys have won the league, have a great year under their belt, and that by itself is the best "improvement" you can have.

Balo will be better.
Dzeko will be better.
Aguero will be better.

Chemistry will be EVEN better...getting another striker in really isnt worth fuck all.

Let the lads GROW together, and watch the magic happen.

Whilst I agree to a certain extent about growing within I would argue that Balotelli is unreliable and Dzeko is inconsistent, neither of which would apply to Van Persie who make no mistake would hugely IMPROVE our starting 11 which has to be the aim

The spine of our side is world class ( hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and attack options.) Cover for that spine bar the attack options is where we struggle with world class cover. We could face 60+ matches a season from now on. So with Yaya and Kolo gone for Jan and feb we need that cover even more. To those that say we are currently strong enough, I have to fundamentally disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.