It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_city_si said:
I don't see the point in signing cavani. When's he going to play? Sergio and tevez are the main 2.
I know Sergio is injured but I mean in general when they're all fit.

Best I could do
-----------Pants-----------------

-------Macion---VK---------Clichy

----------------ddr-------------

-----Jovotec------TOURE--------Nasri

--------Aguero------------Tevez------

--------------Cavani----------------

LoveCity said:
Why are we never really linked with Bundesliga players (besides the passing mention of Muller)? It's better than Serie A these days and has some great young players... Schurrle, Draxler, Gotze, Gundogan, Howedes. We've seen how good Germany's kids are on the international stage and all of those have been capped. Maybe this is why Arnesen Jr. was brought in to increase our presence there? You get better deals off the clubs than the greedy Italian owners too. Papiss Cisse - £8million.

Because besides the very few like Cisse, most Bundesliga stars are German and are content with lower wages at their homegrown club.

rastus said:
super_city_si said:
I don't see the point in signing cavani. When's he going to play? Sergio and tevez are the main 2.

Best I could do

What is this even supposed to be? Your Ultimate Team preparations for Fifa 13?

blink922 said:
rastus said:
super_city_si said:

Best I could do

No a bit of a laugh to the posters question, but if you want to use it for fifa 13 go ahead ;)

blink922 said:
rastus said:
super_city_si said:

Best I could do

If it is then he seriously has to reconsider. There isn't that formation on ultimate team and the chemistry is just appalling

alky313 said:
LoveCity said:
Why are we never really linked with Bundesliga players (besides the passing mention of Muller)? It's better than Serie A these days and has some great young players... Schurrle, Draxler, Gotze, Gundogan, Howedes. We've seen how good Germany's kids are on the international stage and all of those have been capped. Maybe this is why Arnesen Jr. was brought in to increase our presence there? You get better deals off the clubs than the greedy Italian owners too. Papiss Cisse - £8million.

Because besides the very few like Cisse, most Bundesliga stars are German and are content with lower wages at their homegrown club.

But we saw Reus, one of Germany's best young players, jump from Gladbach to Dortmund so I think all of those besides maybe the Bayern/Dortmund set would be willing to jump for the right money. When Schurrle's release clause is activated next summer I reckon he will be on the way too... if Chelsea don't get him before then which they're trying.

LoveCity said:
alky313 said:
LoveCity said:

But we saw Reus, one of Germany's best young players, jump from Gladbach to Dortmund so I think all of those besides maybe the Bayern/Dortmund set would be willing to jump for the right money. When Schurrle's release clause is activated next summer I reckon he will be on the way too... if Chelsea don't get him before then which they're trying.

Dortmund and Gladbach are what... an hour down the road? I think a lot of young Germans are content in their country and speaking their native tongue. Andre Schurrle seems like a Bayern Munich signing in the making for me. Especially considering that Gomez is coming into a critical point in his career where he should be reaching his prime.

Germans haven't seemed like a good export recently in England... Ballack, Boateng and Mertesacker. I do agree that pound for pound they are the best buy in most markets for raw talent. However they seem to struggle in ways even young Italians do not. I think Marko Marin will find it tough here as well.

alky313 said:
LoveCity said:
alky313 said:

Dortmund and Gladbach are what... an hour down the road? I think a lot of young Germans are content in their country and speaking their native tongue. Andre Schurrle seems like a Bayern Munich signing in the making for me. Especially considering that Gomez is coming into a critical point in his career where he should be reaching his prime.

Germans haven't seemed like a good export recently in England... Ballack, Boateng and Mertesacker. I do agree that pound for pound they are the best buy in most markets for raw talent. However they seem to struggle in ways even young Italians do not. I think Marko Marin will find it tough here as well.

I can only think of Didi Hamann being the only recent German success in the PL.

The German players are very like their British equivalents, in that for some reason they do not settle very well away from home.

The same used to be said of Italians, I'm sure they used to have the saying "if you don't play in Italy you don't play for Italy".
However, with the decline of Serie A and the scandals surrounding it in recent years the attitude of Italian players (and Italians in general) about playing for a team abroad has changed.

I think more British players would benefit greatly by going abroad earlier in their careers.

rastus said:
super_city_si said:

Best I could do

What no silva? Le huente esta mu loca

Borussia Monchengladbach beaten 3-1 at home in Champs League qualifier last night. Not a great advert for German football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.