It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:
NipHolmes said:
Cheers,

It is a bullshit statement from any poster on here to validate the option of keeping what we have without adding to what we have. Labelling people 'flappers' because they worry about CB and CM, people must have gone on holiday when the ACON was on last year when our form nose-dived and we lost to LFC in the CC.

United have exactly the same team as last year + RVP, Kagawa and Powell and they finished same point as us.

END FUCKING DEBATE.
We have a relatively young squad which was put together in a short time frame, with bags of scope for improvement. This doesn't even take into account the added belief of having on the all-important first title.
They have a relatively ageing squad, many of the key components of which are in terminal decline and/or nearing retirement.
Buying for the sake of it is a fool's errand which will create more problems than it solves.
We have plenty of money and there are still two weeks of the window left.
We have an amazing squad already. Just because we have a bit of patience, belief in our players and don't demand the moon on a fucking stick like a spoiled child, doesn't mean you are right, no matter how much you shout, swear or stamp your feet.

Yes we do have a young squad but Barry is 31 and Lescott 29, Barry is injured and we have no-one of quality to cover Lescott or replace even.

I'm not asking for Falcoa, Pedro, Scweinsteiger etc. I am asking for a CB and CDM to cover what were our weaknesses last season. I implore anybody to argue otherwise to watch us when we fielded Savic and to watch us v Arsenal when Yaya went off, even QPR match was a whole deal tougher after he want off after teeing up Zaba.

I'm not being spoilt and I don't see the past as relevant to now. We are league champion that equalled a points tally of a rival that has strengthened and we are looking to win this year and build a dynasty. Our rivals across Europe aren't standing still so why are we? Are all of them wrong and you right? If Mancini does sign a CB and CM does that mean you and others will put hands up to the 'flappers' and say they had points?

I think we need another quality CB, BUT don't forget that Tevez was missing (first sulking and then literally) for last season, and now looks very, very good. If Dzeko and Balo stay fit and motivated, then we have a better strike force than Man U, in my opinion.

Also Rodwell can apparently play CB when necessary.

So we do need another signing, but it's not as bad as some seem to think.

Re: Worst transfer window in a long long time

JosMCFC said:
alky313 said:
JosMCFC said:
Worst in many years surely we can bring at least 1 big name in

Go home flapper.
No I couldn't care less what pups like u think its my opinion and if You don't like it jog the fuck on

This is you opinions and this is me telling you your opinion is poor. Maybe when you learn to form coherent statements without Internet text such as "u" someone will take you seriously.

When you create a thread stating that "this is the worst transfer window in many years" you look like young boy sitting behind his computer in his Wayne Rooney shirt. Do you not understand that the club doesn't need to pay tons of money each window... That we wil only have 2-3 targets each window and if we miss them we will not find like for like replacements.

Perhaps if you offered more than some vague opinion without a general undertanding of football transfers someone might take you seriously.

LoveCity said:
What can be said about this transfer window is that we've continued to lay down foundations for the future. The kids we are bringing in are very high-end prospects who have been scouted by top European clubs. They are quiet off the radar deals that could have long benefits for us if they are developed properly.

Totally agree, it needs to continue and we need to nurture them as best as possible but also we need to keep our eye on the ball at present.

If we could win the CL it basically solves our FFP problem. We need to progress further than group stages at bare minimum from now on in.

NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:
NipHolmes said:
Cheers,

It is a bullshit statement from any poster on here to validate the option of keeping what we have without adding to what we have. Labelling people 'flappers' because they worry about CB and CM, people must have gone on holiday when the ACON was on last year when our form nose-dived and we lost to LFC in the CC.

United have exactly the same team as last year + RVP, Kagawa and Powell and they finished same point as us.

END FUCKING DEBATE.
We have a relatively young squad which was put together in a short time frame, with bags of scope for improvement. This doesn't even take into account the added belief of having on the all-important first title.
They have a relatively ageing squad, many of the key components of which are in terminal decline and/or nearing retirement.
Buying for the sake of it is a fool's errand which will create more problems than it solves.
We have an amazing squad already. Just because we have a bit of patience, belief in our players and don't demand the moon on a fucking stick like a spoiled child, doesn't mean you are right, no matter how much you shout, swear or stamp your feet.

Yes we do have a young squad but Barry is 31 and Lescott 29, Barry is injured and we have no-one of quality to cover Lescott or replace even.

I'm not asking for Falcoa, Pedro, Scweinsteiger etc. I am asking for a CB and CDM to cover what were our weaknesses last season. I implore anybody to argue otherwise to watch us when we fielded Savic and to watch us v Arsenal when Yaya went off, even QPR match was a whole deal tougher after he want off after teeing up Zaba.

I'm not being spoilt and I don't see the past as relevant to now. We are league champion that equalled a points tally of a rival that has strengthened and we are looking to win this year and build a dynasty. Our rivals across Europe aren't standing still so why are we? Are all of them wrong and you right? If Mancini does sign a CB and CM does that mean you and others will put hands up to the 'flappers' and say they had points?
No, I recognise as much as anybody the areas which require strengthening. But we have money, and it is two weeks until the end of the window. Would rather we tried to get the right deals for the right players than just buy the first passing centre half who is better than Savic, for whatever price his current club demands.

bowdonblue said:
NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:

I think we need another quality CB, BUT don't forget that Tevez was missing (first sulking and then literally) for last season, and now looks very, very good. If Dzeko and Balo stay fot and motivated, then we have a better strike force than Man U, in my opinion.

So we do need another signing, but it's not as bad as some seem to think.[/quote]

Bloody hell don`t be saying that !!!! You`re in trouble now. ;)

bowdonblue said:
NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:

I think we need another quality CB, BUT don't forget that Tevez was missing (first sulking and then literally) for last season, and now looks very, very good. If Dzeko and Balo stay fot and motivated, then we have a better strike force than Man U, in my opinion.

So we do need another signing, but it's not as bad as some seem to think.

Tevez is a new signing absolutely, Rodwell covering at CB isn't a problem if we play in prem (other than top teams) but in CL it will show. We do need signings and the fact we are trying to sign Agger is proof our board think so too. So opinions otherwise are basically swept away as club are showing inroads.

LongsightM13 said:
NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:

No, I recognise as much as anybody the areas which require strengthening. But we have money, and it is two weeks until the end of the window. Would rather we tried to get the right deals for the right players than just buy the first passing centre half who is better than Savic, for whatever price his current club demands.

At which point did I say we must sign a player asap and at risk? I never once made a statement like that. We need to sign creme of the crop always from here on in and that is why transfers will be difficult.

No offense but you're preaching to the converted.

My whole point is that 'the flappers' have a point as long as they are sensible in approach. No point signing a.n.ybody just to appease, but WE DO NEED to sign quality individuals that boost our team and squad strength. Areas already pointed out.

I just detest the stand still mentality, no successful club does this. They build year on year. Just like Mancini said and just like any manager will say, you gather and build and you always look for improvement. That way you reach the top, which is where I want City. Not just champs of the league but also the kings of Europe.

WAR!!!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
JosMCFC said:

And which big name is currently up for sale

Sahin is worth a sniff. Fringe player at Real who was Bundesliga player of year the season of 10/11 and would compliment beautifully.

NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:
NipHolmes said:

At which point did I say we must sign a player asap and at risk? I never once made a statement like that. We need to sign creme of the crop always from here on in and that is why transfers will be difficult.

No offense but you're preaching to the converted.

My whole point is that 'the flappers' have a point as long as they are sensible in approach. No point signing a.n.ybody just to appease, but WE DO NEED to sign quality individuals that boost our team and squad strength. Areas already pointed out.

I just detest the stand still mentality, no successful club does this. They build year on year. Just like Mancini said and just like any manager will say, you gather and build and you always look for improvement. That way you reach the top, which is where I want City. Not just champs of the league but also the kings of Europe.

WAR!!!

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm --

grim up north said:
JosMCFC said:

And which big name is currently up for sale

Sahin is worth a sniff. Fringe player at Real who was Bundesliga player of year the season of 10/11 and would compliment beautifully.

In your opinion. All I am saying the players Mancini wants might not be available for a price we are prepared to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.