It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
Everyone else is buying to catch up with us IMO. We've led the way with signing over recent years and now all we need is a few to strengthen the squad. Whereas all of the others are signing players they desperately need for their first team.

I sake my head in disbelief at this comment.

Take a look at Serie A,
1 Juventus (C) 84pts
2 Milan 80pts
3 Udinese 64pts
4 Lazio 62pts

Juventus won the league, unbeaten and their nearest rivals sold their treasure in Zlatan and Silva. Do they rest on their laurels? No they do not. They have a team that beats all their rivals and is likely to dominate domestically yet they strengthen.

Now we win the league on the final day by GD, our arch-rivals strengthen whom equalled us pts wise and we stand still? How is that right? We need to punish United and make sure they don't win this season and we give ourselves the best chance to do that by strengthening in our weak areas which are likely to be exposed again due to the ACON being brought forward to this season.

Wasting your breath!

What happens is that when the season ends everyone says one or two good signings and we'll push on again, even challenge for the Champs league. After a few weeks and some initial knock backs, suddenly we don't really need to improve anywhere, but still the ITKs are followed like sages before eventually being forced to take up new identities under the ITK protection scheme, as it transpires they actually knew f*ck all. Next comes the ridicule stage where all the targets on Mike Yarwood's shopping list go to rival clubs - overnight the player becomes a geriatric paraplegic or a greedy parasite that we don't want in our sunday school squad. Finally comes the denial stage where anyone who still remains from the first stage ie. actually wanting to see the squad improve, is labelled a spoilt flapper - don't worry you are in good company - I think Mancini is deluded enough to still be in this group.

If tevez would have stayed the whole season instead of playing golf for 6 months I'm pretty confident we would have won the league by quite a few number of points instead of goal difference.

Tevez on top form is like a brand new signing IMO.

Get agger and if we get de Rossi that would be amazing.

I have been compelled to post because the continual flapping is extremely boring. WE ARE CITY, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD!

These are the most exciting times to be a city fan. We have everything that we need for long term success. Please give the flapping a rest or go to support another team for whom success is deemed a birth right and prerequisite of your support.

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
LongsightM13 said:
No, I recognise as much as anybody the areas which require strengthening. But we have money, and it is two weeks until the end of the window. Would rather we tried to get the right deals for the right players than just buy the first passing centre half who is better than Savic, for whatever price his current club demands.

At which point did I say we must sign a player asap and at risk? I never once made a statement like that. We need to sign creme of the crop always from here on in and that is why transfers will be difficult.

No offense but you're preaching to the converted.

My whole point is that 'the flappers' have a point as long as they are sensible in approach. No point signing a.n.ybody just to appease, but WE DO NEED to sign quality individuals that boost our team and squad strength. Areas already pointed out.

I just detest the stand still mentality, no successful club does this. They build year on year. Just like Mancini said and just like any manager will say, you gather and build and you always look for improvement. That way you reach the top, which is where I want City. Not just champs of the league but also the kings of Europe.

WAR!!!

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm --

grim up north said:
And which big name is currently up for sale

Sahin is worth a sniff. Fringe player at Real who was Bundesliga player of year the season of 10/11 and would compliment beautifully.

In your opinion. All I am saying the players Mancini wants might not be available for a price we are prepared to pay.

The fact we utilised Pizarro last season and the fact that Sahin is more mobile, younger and getable for less than £20mill is enough reason. Of course imo but I am basing on last season.

The players Mancini wants are clear, Agger and De Rossi. Just so happens both play for clubs they love and are happy there. Sahin is different, much different to De Rossi but he still adds to us, hugely imo. Not only could you put alongside Yaya but he could also cover too. Just add Barry/De Jong behind him.

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm --

pudge said:
How do you know the club is "standing still"?

Nobody has said that.

I said the mentality of being happy with what you have is a bad one. I have proven my point with evidence of activity of other successful teams.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:16 pm --<br /><br />
GaudinoMotors said:
NipHolmes said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
Everyone else is buying to catch up with us IMO. We've led the way with signing over recent years and now all we need is a few to strengthen the squad. Whereas all of the others are signing players they desperately need for their first team.

Take a look at Serie A,
1 Juventus (C) 84pts
2 Milan 80pts
3 Udinese 64pts
4 Lazio 62pts

Juventus won the league, unbeaten and their nearest rivals sold their treasure in Zlatan and Silva. Do they rest on their laurels? No they do not. They have a team that beats all their rivals and is likely to dominate domestically yet they strengthen.

Now we win the league on the final day by GD, our arch-rivals strengthen whom equalled us pts wise and we stand still? How is that right? We need to punish United and make sure they don't win this season and we give ourselves the best chance to do that by strengthening in our weak areas which are likely to be exposed again due to the ACON being brought forward to this season.

Wasting your breath!

What happens is that when the season ends everyone says one or two good signings and we'll push on again, even challenge for the Champs league. After a few weeks and some initial knock backs, suddenly we don't really need to improve anywhere, but still the ITKs are followed like sages before eventually being forced to take up new identities under the ITK protection scheme, as it transpires they actually knew f*ck all. Next comes the ridicule stage where all the targets on Mike Yarwood's shopping list go to rival clubs - overnight the player becomes a geriatric paraplegic or a greedy parasite that we don't want in our sunday school squad. Finally comes the denial stage where anyone who still remains from the first stage ie. actually wanting to see the squad improve, is labelled a spoilt flapper - don't worry you are in good company - I think Mancini is deluded enough to still be in this group.

Cheers fella, and with that I cease to speak anymore about this.

NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
At which point did I say we must sign a player asap and at risk? I never once made a statement like that. We need to sign creme of the crop always from here on in and that is why transfers will be difficult.

My whole point is that 'the flappers' have a point as long as they are sensible in approach. No point signing a.n.ybody just to appease, but WE DO NEED to sign quality individuals that boost our team and squad strength. Areas already pointed out.

I just detest the stand still mentality, no successful club does this. They build year on year. Just like Mancini said and just like any manager will say, you gather and build and you always look for improvement. That way you reach the top, which is where I want City. Not just champs of the league but also the kings of Europe.

WAR!!!

Sahin is worth a sniff. Fringe player at Real who was Bundesliga player of year the season of 10/11 and would compliment beautifully.

In your opinion. All I am saying the players Mancini wants might not be available for a price we are prepared to pay.

The fact we utilised Pizarro last season and the fact that Sahin is more mobile, younger and getable for less than £20mill is enough reason. Of course imo but I am basing on last season.

The players Mancini wants are clear, Agger and De Rossi. Just so happens both play for clubs they love and are happy there. Sahin is different, much different to De Rossi but he still adds to us, hugely imo. Not only could you put alongside Yaya but he could also cover too. Just add Barry/De Jong behind him.

We all assume that Agger and De Rossi are the players wanted. We can assume that Mancini doesn't want Sahin

Stoned Rose said:
Sahin smells good to me. Even if only on loan.

Dont talk sense ffs!

Loan with view to buy sounds even better ;)<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:

We all assume that Agger and De Rossi are the players wanted. We can assume that Mancini doesn't want Sahin

Did you hear about Rodwell before we bought?

NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:

WAR!!!

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm --

pudge said:
How do you know the club is "standing still"?

Nobody has said that.

I said the mentality of being happy with what you have is a bad one. I have proven my point with evidence of activity of other successful teams.

-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:16 pm --

GaudinoMotors said:
NipHolmes said:

Take a look at Serie A,
1 Juventus (C) 84pts
2 Milan 80pts
3 Udinese 64pts
4 Lazio 62pts

Wasting your breath!

Cheers fella, and with that I cease to speak anymore about this.

That's a relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.