It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LongsightM13 said:
NipHolmes said:
argyle said:
NipHomes posted this in the RVP thread, I think it's a very good point in response to those who think we are ok not signing anyone - so if its ok, I'll repost here.

"Real just won the league, they have bought Modric.

Chelsea won the CL and FA Cup, they have signed Hazard, Marin, Oscar, De Bruyne and are still looking for a RB.

Bayern finished runners up in CL and have bought Martinez, Mandzucic and Shaqiri.

Juventus won their league, unbeaten I may add. They are looking to sign a striker and have already strengthened with a few players like Lucio for example.

Why should we be different?"

Cheers,

It is a bullshit statement from any poster on here to validate the option of keeping what we have without adding to what we have. Labelling people 'flappers' because they worry about CB and CM, people must have gone on holiday when the ACON was on last year when our form nose-dived and we lost to LFC in the CC.

United have exactly the same team as last year + RVP, Kagawa and Powell and they finished same point as us.

END FUCKING DEBATE.
We have a relatively young squad which was put together in a short time frame, with bags of scope for improvement. This doesn't even take into account the added belief of having on the all-important first title.
They have a relatively ageing squad, many of the key components of which are in terminal decline and/or nearing retirement.
Buying for the sake of it is a fool's errand which will create more problems than it solves.
We have plenty of money and there are still two weeks of the window left.
We have an amazing squad already. Just because we have a bit of patience, belief in our players and don't demand the moon on a fucking stick like a spoiled child, doesn't mean you are right, no matter how much you shout, swear or stamp your feet.

Yes we do have a young squad but Barry is 31 and Lescott 29, Barry is injured and we have no-one of quality to cover Lescott or replace even.

I'm not asking for Falcoa, Pedro, Scweinsteiger etc. I am asking for a CB and CDM to cover what were our weaknesses last season. I implore anybody to argue otherwise to watch us when we fielded Savic and to watch us v Arsenal when Yaya went off, even QPR match was a whole deal tougher after he want off after teeing up Zaba.

I'm not being spoilt and I don't see the past as relevant to now. We are league champion that equalled a points tally of a rival that has strengthened and we are looking to win this year and build a dynasty. Our rivals across Europe aren't standing still so why are we? Are all of them wrong and you right? If Mancini does sign a CB and CM does that mean you and others will put hands up to the 'flappers' and say they had points?

Worst transfer window in a long long time

Worst in many years surely we can bring at least 1 big name in

Re: Worst transfer window in a long long time

JosMCFC said:

i have to agree, in terms of expectation, this was a season where we didnt need loads of signings just 2 or 3 top quality additions but it looks as if our backroom staff are sat with there feet up

alky313 said:
JosMCFC said:

Go home flapper.
No I couldn't care less what pups like u think its my opinion and if You don't like it jog the fuck on

JosMCFC said:

Come come lad calm down a bit!! We are Champions and consequently our purchasing policy reflects this. I'm sure we still have business to conclude in the next two weeks. I'm glad we walked away from the Van Persie deal 4 weeks ago 29, injury prone £24m plus wages in excess of £200,000 per week for the next 4 years. It's a gamble on yooniteds point, we don't need to gamble.

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Everyone else is buying to catch up with us IMO. We've led the way with signing over recent years and now all we need is a few to strengthen the squad. Whereas all of the others are signing players they desperately need for their first team.

I sake my head in disbelief at this comment.

Take a look at Serie A,
1 Juventus (C) 84pts
2 Milan 80pts
3 Udinese 64pts
4 Lazio 62pts

Juventus won the league, unbeaten and their nearest rivals sold their treasure in Zlatan and Silva. Do they rest on their laurels? No they do not. They have a team that beats all their rivals and is likely to dominate domestically yet they strengthen.

Now we win the league on the final day by GD, our arch-rivals strengthen whom equalled us pts wise and we stand still? How is that right? We need to punish United and make sure they don't win this season and we give ourselves the best chance to do that by strengthening in our weak areas which are likely to be exposed again due to the ACON being brought forward to this season.

What can be said about this transfer window is that we've continued to lay down foundations for the future. The kids we are bringing in are very high-end prospects who have been scouted by top European clubs. They are quiet off the radar deals that could have long benefits for us if they are developed properly.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
JosMCFC said:

Come come lad calm down a bit!! We are Champions and consequently our purchasing policy reflects this. I'm sure we still have business to conclude in the next two weeks. I'm glad we walked away from the Van Persie deal 4 weeks ago 29, injury prone £24m plus wages in excess of £200,000 per week for the next 4 years. It's a gamble on yooniteds point, we don't need to gamble.

Had we sold Dzeko or Tevez we would have offered the same imho, I take no comfort from what they paid. He is their player regardless of what they paid and they are all the better for it. Our only positive is that they most likely have spunked their funds and they still need a LB and CM. Their problem not ours but I still remain keen to point out that RVP signing for big money isn't a good thing. If anything it means they have cover if Rooney gets injured which was something I could see happening this season. Their reliance in him was a major bonus for us.

argyle said:
NipHomes posted this in the RVP thread, I think it's a very good point in response to those who think we are ok not signing anyone - so if its ok, I'll repost here.

"Real just won the league, they have bought Modric.

Chelsea won the CL and FA Cup, they have signed Hazard, Marin, Oscar, De Bruyne and are still looking for a RB.

Bayern finished runners up in CL and have bought Martinez, Mandzucic and Shaqiri.

Juventus won their league, unbeaten I may add. They are looking to sign a striker and have already strengthened with a few players like Lucio for example.

Why should we be different?"

We are in a completely different stage of development. None of Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus or Real Madrid, have a squad including recent signings like Yaya Toure, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez, De Jong, Kompany, Clichy or Hart and none have Roberto Mancini as their Manager.

That's why we can be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.