It's quiet 10, no apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
Train said:
Hypothetically speaking, if Rvp did choose us, how much do you think the transfer fee would be and the wages he'd command?
we`d probably still be looking at £15-20m mate and around £130,000-£150,000 a week i would have thought.
Personally i would of said £25-£30M and 150-200k a week.
But im probably wrong.

dillbi95 said:
richards30 said:
Train said:
Hypothetically speaking, if Rvp did choose us, how much do you think the transfer fee would be and the wages he'd command?
we`d probably still be looking at £15-20m mate and around £130,000-£150,000 a week i would have thought.
But im probably wrong.

Looks closer to reality to me

Based on what I've read so far, the best bets seem to be on:

Jan Vertonghen
Jordi Alba
Javi Martinez
Eden Hazard
Robin Van Persie

with the following on their way out:

Wayne Bridge
Kolo Toure
Owen Hargreaves (end of contract)
David Pizarro (loan return)
Roque Santa Cruz
Emmanuel Adebayor
Carlos Tevez
and maybe de Jong and Kolarov too, depending on whether they're happy with reduced roles in the team, and Savic going on loan - that leaves us with one of the best squads in World Football, in my opinion - but very much evolution not revolution, as Tolmie said.

If it was down to me, I would still like another wide player, as Hazard will not address our width issue on his own, but maybe that's just me being spoilt - we do have FFP to pay lip service too, after all.

Would be a good summer all round, if we can pull it off :)

The Fat el Hombre said:
dillbi95 said:
richards30 said:
But im probably wrong.

But why would we pay 30mil for a 29yr old even if he is world-class? Does this say that we can't win the league next season with the existing set of players that we have to buy someone who could give us 2-3yrs max? Why not pay this 30mil for one or more players that is younger and potentially better playing with us for years to come, or just enough to get our planned academy up and running?

RVP is in line for the Golden Boot only because Arsenal revolves around him. Just like City revolved around Tevez last season. It will not happen in City's current setup...

dillbi95 said:
richards30 said:
Train said:
But im probably wrong.
IF he came to us it would be his last pay day, so I reckon it'd be around 250k a week. One of the best forwards in the world, and still has 2-3 good seasons in him, so he'd command the same wage as our top earner.

sincity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
dillbi95 said:
But im probably wrong.

But why would we pay 30mil for a 29yr old even if he is world-class? Does this say that we can't win the league next season with the existing set of players that we have to buy someone who could use us 2-3yrs max? Why not pay this 30mil for one or more players that is younger and potentially better playing with us for years to come, or just enough to get our planned academy up and running?

RVP is in line for the Golden Boot only because Arsenal revolves around him. Just like City revolved around Tevez last season. It will not happen in City's current setup...

I agree that it would be too much for a player of his age, and also think we should look at younger options - another Aguero would be nice!

So,........Martinez (central defender AND ball playing defensive midfielder)
Hazard (Attacking midfielder or winger)
Alba (left back to rival Clichy for a starting role)
RVP (to replace Tevez)
A.N. Other (centre back ? Hummels)
(midfielder ? Herrera)
(winger ? Bale)
(Superstar ? Ronaldo)

Out.....Tevez, Adebayor, Kolarov, Bridge, Santa Cruz, Kolo Toure,....any others ?

Is this where we are up to so far ?

malg said:
dillbi95 said:
richards30 said:
But im probably wrong.
IF he came to us it would be his last pay day, so I reckon it'd be around 250k a week. One of the best forwards in the world, and still has 2-3 good seasons in him, so he'd command the same wage as our top earner.
I don't think the wage is that high mate as no one at city earns £200,000 a week let alone more!! Don't read the media reports on city wages etc.

rvp isnt someone who relies on pace, he could play at the top for another 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.