It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating that we aren’t looking to really strengthen the squad going into the second half of the season with a top class forward player. We should be going full pelt to assert ourselves further rather than having to rely on pep making things work as the board haven’t provided him with the one area we desperately needed a world class player in?!
You not think Gabriel Jesus is a top class forward player then? If you think he is then
one has to come to the conclussion that Pep's system works better without a focal point forward.

One of the reasons to not bring in a forward right now would be the change in system it requires. We would have to change a working playing system into something totally different to adapt to the forward. If it was about buying a player in a position in the system it would make much more sense in January. We need players to hit the ground running midseason, not uproot a system that is giving dividends. Bringing in a striker will take more than a few training sessions before we see rewards.

You not think Gabriel Jesus is a top class forward player then? If you think he is then
one has to come to the conclussion that Pep's system works better without a focal point forward.

Pep mentioned literally the other day that we need to sign a striker sooner rather than later and we tried in the summer? Khaldoon also said in his summer interview we needed to replace Sergio and we would? That was said as a statement of fact yet we didn’t push the button? The lads have adapted brilliantly but we still need a world class striker imo and of course we all hope for Haaland but (and maybe they have) we should be throwing extra cash at Dortmund is January to try and do the deal ASAP.

If we're looking at DM I'd like to see kalvin Phillips at Leeds, very well could be in a relegation fight and if Leeds are going down would certainly be a lot cheaper than trying to pry Declan rice away from a west ham chasing European places. I think he is at least as good as rice too, both England internationals and if he can play for biesla he can play for pep hell it may even make him settle in a lot quicker than rice would.
good god no.....

love the creativity and originality that results in out of the box recommendations such as declan rice and kalvin phillips

We would already know if City were gonna attempt to sign anyone. The silence surrounding us and Pep's insistence of no activity is telling. City don't do impulse transfers. They're long, drawn out and planned.
Like when we all knew we were signing Bernardo?

Top clubs rarely let players go in the middle of the season when chasing titles, letting Torres go at this stage is a weird one, I think we may have one incoming.

Top clubs rarely let players go in the middle of the season when chasing titles, letting Torres go at this stage is a weird one, I think we may have one incoming.
what does it tell you that you have to go back nearly 5 years to find a counterexample

My feelings as well was hoping for a striker but Pep said no, but when Torres leaves i do not think we will buy a right winger we were already overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.