It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the point is the club looking at life beyond Pep IF he is leaving..we have a season and a half with Pep as it stands. I hope he extends, but if not, then I feel we all have to accept that a new manager will bring new ideas and new players. The Club is so well run, they are not stupid, and will be thinking ahead. It is sad so think of the day he leaves. I can not think of another manager who could blend a team without a CF. The only obvious league that Pep has not worked in is Italy, and I am not sure he would like the Italian mentality. Maybe a national manager, or please just stay !!!!

The only obvious league that Pep has not worked in is Italy, and I am not sure he would like the Italian mentality. Maybe a national manager, or please just stay !!!!
Think the likeliest issue is he just wants a break. Pep needed a sabbatical after Bayern, where he only did 3 years. Next season will be his 7th.

Think the likeliest issue is he just wants a break. Pep needed a sabbatical after Bayern, where he only did 3 years. Next season will be his 7th.

He didn't take a sabbatical after Bayern.

He did take one after 4 years at Barcelona.

which will make it 10 years without a break by the time his current contracr is up. But I do think he can keep going here.

He didn't take a sabbatical after Bayern.

He did take one after 4 years at Barcelona.

which will make it 10 years without a break by the time his current contracr is up. But I do think he can keep going here.

Im sure Pep wants the Dutch national team job. With Koeman as his assistant, they spoke about it the two of them. It was reported early this season I think

i feel like haaland would play much better under a coach like rodgers than Pep. not really sure i see haaland fitting in too well in our system. He could definitely make it work but he would thrive more under a coach like klopp
You could have put it better, but generally I agree with you, he's not a Pep player per se, and his profile is very different to the strikers we've seen thrive under Pep.

He reminds me of, in a way, Zlatan, whom Pep did not get along with and sidelined. Couldn't work. Prem is a whole different scenario when it comes to putting up numbers, we've seen as of recent how attackers from Bundesliga have struggled in Prem and even La Liga.

Im sure Pep wants the Dutch national team job. With Koeman as his assistant, they spoke about it the two of them. It was reported early this season I think
I've been saying this for ages. It's a natural progression, Pep taking his tried and trusted Cruyff 'methods' back to the international stage. I reckon he'll take a sort break post-City to be ready to take over for the 2024 Euros and aiming to win the 2026 World Cup.

Makes sense. I've always thought he'd struggle with a national team as he wouldn't get much coaching time. At least most Dutch players would have some background in his style of play.

It is quiet isn't it.

A third of the window in, zero speculation so far. Not surprising as the club tend to do things quietly, but even the chancers don't seem to be chancing it.

Anything that has been whispered out there has been about summer plans, not january guesses. Things can click into place quickly, but at this point I dare say it looks like there is unlikely to be any incomings this month.

At least there has been no mention of Kane, not complaining about the silence.
It's quiet because there isn't anything going on.

The club has made it clear publicly that they aren't signing anyone this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.