It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might want that, but offhand I can't think of many world class players in the PL who had a release clause... clubs want more certainty for succession planning, and release clauses add risk. But I am likely wrong.

I dont personally see that contact negotiations are at this advanced stage with Madrid to be a bad sign - we're being played off against each other, after all, both clubs will be led all the way down the aisle but someone is going to be left standing at the altar.

Are release clauses even enforceable in the Prem/UK?

Suarez had one didn’t he - but Arsenal’s £40m+1 offer famously rejected.

Linked with PSV winger Cody Gakpo. PSV want 40 million euros. Apparently City have have had discussions with PSV about him

I'm not sure about that. We do at least have a track record of not forcing players to stay one they've decided they want to leave.
First of all, not sure we really do have a great track record of that, since its only truly tested if one of our star players wanted to leave. We have basically not sold any of our stars the last decade (since from what we know, none of them have wanted to leave), only squad players looking for more minutes. Its easy to say we dont force players to stay when the only players we have sold is basically players we didnt really want anyway or was on the last year of their contract threatening to leave on a free.

Secondly, even if we did, if I were the player I would prefer to have it in writing, not just trusting the word of some guy I dont know, and who may or may not even still work at the club if/when the time comes and I wanted to leave. Common sense really.

If the release clause is a major factor in his negotiations with Real Madrid, it would be rather foolish to assume he think its not needed at City just because we sold 5th choice Torres for 3x the money we bought him for when he wanted to leave.

Last edited:
...do you think we haven't been discussing contract terms as well? how on earth is this bad news?

people will find a way to find the negative in everything.
I can’t give a reply to that you’ll find meaningful mate, cos it’s just two different opinions on how we read these developments that’s all.

I don’t know who else you’re talking about, but I certainly don’t see the ‘negative in everything’.

Marca already giving Endrick, a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD BOY, the same treatment of lies they give all players.

“Madrid ahead in the race to sign him”, “Vinicius Jr has convinced him to join Madrid”, “advanced conversations with the agent”, “wants to play in Spain”. How soon until the first “Madrid bound” post in his thread? It didn’t take long until they believed the bullshit about Haaland (helped by some English journalists rehashing the Spanish media crap as their own, for some “validation”) — not to mention that it then gets called “a circus”.

3070BA5C-32A4-44BF-A547-200E847E88B1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Marca already giving Endrick, a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD BOY, the same treatment of lies they give all players.

“Madrid ahead in the race to sign him”, “Vinicius Jr has convinced him to join Madrid”, “advanced conversations with the agent”, “wants to play in Spain”. How soon until the first “Madrid bound” post in his thread? It didn’t take long until they believed the bullshit about Haaland (helped by some English journalists rehashing the Spanish media crap as their own, for some “validation”) — not to mention that it then gets called “a circus”.

View attachment 35245
He looks like a mini me Ronaldo in that pic

1643188066151.png

For those thinking we’d need a release clause, we probably won’t.

The club has a track record of letting players go that want to leave. Sane, Ferran, Bernardo (though it didn’t materialise).

We’ve nothing to prove where an eventual sale is concerned.

The worry for me is that this means Madrid and Haaland are at a very advanced stage of negotiation.

Tolmie’s news might be a false victory.
False victory. It makes more sense for Haaland to join City first.

If City insisted on a release clause, it would be a realistic one.

City are already set up domestically and for the CL. With Madrid it's going to take time, to get back to their very best.

So a 6 year stint at City seems to be the obvious choice

Oh and the Goat said a deal is close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.