It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid we've missed out on Haaland and Vlahovic. Unless we're using a metal detector and have gold under our feet I'm afraid we are fucked for a striker that would elevate us to where Pep can take us.

I'm afraid we've missed out on Haaland and Vlahovic. Unless we're using a metal detector and have gold under our feet I'm afraid we are fucked for a striker that would elevate us to where Pep can take us.
Where can Pep take us with a striker that he can’t take us with a false 9? We’re good enough to win the CL even without a striker, and got the closest we’d ever come to winning it effectively without a striker.

We won back to back PL’s with Pep with a striker and we’ll win back to back PL’s with him without a striker too.

I’m quite relaxed about it at the moment. On the face if it, yeah it seems terrible to not get either Haaland or Vlahovic, but is it really? I’m not sure it is. Maybe post Pep we’d feel it more, but with Pep there ought to be little concern as he’s proven time and time again he can adapt to anything.

Where can Pep take us with a striker that he can’t take us with a false 9? We’re good enough to win the CL even without a striker, and got the closest we’d ever come to winning it effectively without a striker.

We won back to back PL’s with Pep with a striker and we’ll win back to back PL’s with him without a striker too.

I’m quite relaxed about it at the moment. On the face if it, yeah it seems terrible to not get either Haaland or Vlahovic, but is it really? I’m not sure it is. Maybe post Pep we’d feel it more, but with Pep there ought to be little concern as he’s proven time and time again he can adapt to anything.
I'm happy watching the football we play but imagine a proper striker in this setup with the chances we create. You're talking Ultimate Team.

I'm happy watching the football we play but imagine a proper striker in this setup with the chances we create. You're talking Ultimate Team.
It’s all a trade off though. We’d most likely sacrifice some control without a false 9. So it’s not as simple as saying pop a striker in there and we’ll be better. We’ll also concede more as we defend through control and we’ll have less control.

Not going to disagree with you. But you need that Killer instinct in front of goal in the big games especially the champions league. If you look through City there's not one player I am confident with going 1 on 1 with a keeper without a hint of missing. Against Chelsea Jack missed a golden opportunity and it took a bit of magic from Kev to win it. If that Jack chance fell to someone like Salah Lewandowski Haaland Aguero they would have scored. We are an amazing team but we do lack a player with Killer instinct.

We lack a player who is natural in front of Goal. Who if they missed it would be a massive surprise.

Pep is the only manager in the world that could get us to these heights without a striker, but that doesn't mean he should have to. It seems a waste to me to spend half the time with the greatest manager in our history forcing him to pull rabbits out of hats to create systems that work without a clinical chance-finisher, rather than making sure he has every possible tool at his disposal to win games however he sees fit. We'd still be great with just the squad we have, but football at this level is about relentless improvement. The board know it. We owe Pep the best the market offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.