It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting harder to fill the front 6 spots though if Haaland comes.

If Foden is moved out left, then Grealish/Sterling struggle to get in the side.

If Foden is moved out right, then Mahrez/Sterling struggles to get in the side and Palmer’s minutes are limited.

If Foden is moved to an 8, then KDB/Bernardo struggle to get in the side and Gundogan is playing a handful of games and McAtee the odd sub appearance.
I dont think Bellingham will be for this summer, but starting the courtship early. You're looking at Mahrez (32), Dinho (37) & Gundogan (32) and Kev aged 31. next year. (and Bernardo being a ?? as too wanting a move again)

Squad building angle absolutely makes senses he on the radar planning 3 years ahead.

Yep. I see Bellingham as an 8 not a 6 (which we need). Just don’t see where he would fit in. Of course the lad is a special talent but would be surprised if we signed him this summer or next. I can see him going to Liverpool unfortunately.
If Bernardo is happy at City, then Gundogan would be the one to make way first, but then it would probably be KDB who's minutes would be impacted and maybe even looked to be moved on if he got unhappy, and I don’t think we fans are ready for that!

If Foden is moved out right, then Mahrez/Sterling struggles to get in the side and Palmer’s minutes are limited.

If Foden is moved to an 8, then KDB/Bernardo struggle to get in the side and Gundogan is playing a handful of games and McAtee the odd sub appearance.

We have to accept that Bernardo will go in one of the next two summer windows. Gundo is at the age where he's going to play less and less. We're going to need midfielders IMO.

I dont think Bellingham will be for this summer, but starting the courtship early. You're looking at Mahrez (32), Dinho (37) & Gundogan (32) and Kev aged 31. next year.

Squad building angle absolutely makes senses he on the radar planning 3 years ahead.
Mahrez has no pace to lose, so he could play another 5 years at the top level if he felt motivated enough to do it.

Gundogan is likely to go at the end of his contract, but then McAtee is hopefully up to speed and replaces him.

KDB is the one that could be impacted by Bellingham coming, unless Bernardo wants out then.

Mahrez and Gundo turn 32 this summer. Gundo, Sterling and Mahrez are out contract next Summer. It would be sensible to plan to replace at least 2 of these if not all 3. I'd imagine it won't be till next summer that we see a move for Bellingham if it was to happen but the situation of all 3 needs resolving long before then if they're to stay

With the likelihood of Jesus leaving due to the incoming Alvarez and hopefully Haaland then I'd imagine that will be the bulk of the turnaround this summer.

Yep. I see Bellingham as an 8 not a 6 (which we need). Just don’t see where he would fit in. Of course the lad is a special talent but would be surprised if we signed him this summer or next. I can see him going to Liverpool unfortunately.

I would be staggered if FSG paid the fee it'll take to get Bellingham. That's just not their business model. Especially if United/City are interested. Which they will be IMO.

We have to accept that Bernardo will go in one of the next two summer windows. Gundo is at the age where he's going to play less and less. We're going to need midfielders IMO.
I don’t disagree with that. However, if Foden, Grealish and McAtee establish themselves as 8s, then we don’t need many for a while.

I would be staggered if FSG paid the fee it'll take to get Bellingham. That's just not their business model. Especially if United/City are interested. Which they will be IMO.

Yeah maybe. Although they have made exceptions before and spent big on key signing (Alisson & VVD) albeit lower fees.

The interesting thing with Bellingham are the shots that Southgate fired at Dortmund. I get the sense that Gareth likes England players playing in the PL. I can see a scenario where Bellingham wants a move back to ensure he's a starter for the national team.

From City's perspective they've shown they'll pay 100 million hard cash for an England player. So I don't see why they wouldn't pay the money for Jude if he wanted to come.

Honestly think if we say Bellingham we want you at Man city, I don't think he says no. Bellingham is 18 so he was 11/12 when Pep joined City he's grown up with City dominating seeing City as young boy winning trophy after trophy. Centurions, domestic treble etc

I think Bellingham is really the first player who has the potential to be a world class player, who has grown up in the Premier league Man city era of trophies.

Foden (25) - Haaland (25) - Sterling (30)
Grealish (29) - Rodri (29) - Bellingham (22)

McAtee (21) Palmer (23) Lavia (21) Alvarez (25) Delap (22)

Will be the ages of all the lads on August 1st 2025. Looks a decent mix. We'll take it. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.