It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't rate Luiz at all. He's at Aston Villa for a reason and think his familiarity with Pep and our club is overstated.

I don't put Luiz in the same universe as FDJ.
Luiz is far better than FDJ at 6. FDJ will get torn to shreds in the pace and physicality of the PL

means? of course Rodri is better, he has a longer legs that he can use to get ahead in a 50/50 in the first few steps and also he is far far physically stronger than FDJ to deal with PL.
Rodri needed to adjust as did Fernandinho, FDJ could too. I think he could play in our team I just don’t think we need to spend the money on him because I don’t think hes better than what we have now. Unless Bernardo leaves.

Replacing Torres wouldn’t be us being weakened to be fair.
To really be fair we cannot say that. It's only a viewpoint based on a short time span at the start of his career. We don't know because he has not been a selection option recently or for long periods of his time at City. It is fine to argue we wouldn't be weakened at this very moment, simply because he is not here, but the club believe he has the potential to be a top player for us for the next 5 to 10 years, so if he wants to go a big fee is required to replace him. In a few years time he may well be the best player ever to slip through our hands, or not, but that will be the better time to have a fact based judgement of whether we have been weakened.

The FDJ one makes too much sense for us not to be at least thinking about it.

They want Torres. Torres wants them. They can’t afford Torres but have a player who would suit us down to the ground who has spoken about liking the Premier League in the past. All while saving them some wages.

Maybe I’m biased because he’s a brilliant, brilliant player but it does just make sense.
Is he 'brilliant' though? or a big fish in a small pond?

I've watched a fair few Barca games since he's gotten there and I can't recall a single one where I walked away thinking," wow, what a player" .. Not to mention his ridiculous wages. He's a box to box midfielder but doesn't have a strong attacking output, and he's not exactly a destroyer defensively like Fernandinho was in his hay-day .

One thing we can pretty much guarantee... However much he goes for, if Torres does move to Barcelona, his release fee will no doubt be in excess of €300m.
To be fair, its just their way of "removing" the release clause they have to include by law. Its the same as not having a release clause, just like all of our players. Always funny how people seem to think that's how high they value the player! They just put a fee nobody would ever pay so they are never forced to sell against their will:) Doesn't always work out (like Neymar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.