It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was not the queation, but no, I do not. Was, maybe. Right now if I had to choose one to bring on or start in our team, Inwould honestly choose Torres, in any given one off game. Add to that his longer term potential, and the fact that Kane is an extra 100m, and on much higher wages, no I don't think replacing torres with Kane would be an improvement at all.

I strongly suspect you are in an incredible small minority with that thinking.

Penalties don't count either sadly, I wonder why thats why our lads miss so many?
I think a player scoring 10 non penalty goals is probably better than a player scoring zero non penalty goals, and 10 goals from penalties. I guess you disagree

That why I said last 18 monts, not the last 3 seasons. He is also the focus point of their attack and are playing in a worse league. Torres are the same age and also have about twice the amount of international goals. Like I said, I think Vlahovic is better, but its not such a huge difference like some people seem to think. Its a lot easier to score goals in Fiorentina, than to break into the first XI in City and doing the same in the PL.
The reality of Torres' time with us is barring the hat trick he scored at Newcastle you can probably take away every other goal he scored and it would have made no impact on the outcome of the game.

Last edited:
I strongly suspect you are in an incredible small minority with that thinking.

Kane, who has taken nearly 6 months of playing every single minute, to score the same number of goals Torres scored in only 3 games he has played in total this year. Sure, I'd be wrong in saying I'd rather have Torres on the pitch right now!

Long term, I can comfortably say Kane at 120m at his age and wages is worse than a one of the most promising forwards at 21, for 21m, on bugger all wages.

Yet you bring up his scoring stats. The reality of Torres' time with us is barring the hat trick he scored at Newcastle you can probably take away every other goal he scored and it would have made no impact on the outcome of the game.
And the reality of Vlahovic is that his stats is very inflated by a large amount of penalties. Im in no way saying Torres is better than Vlahovic. Im saying that if Torres had started every game for us and got to take 10 pens/year, his numbers would be great too. But I guess the grass is always greener for some people

Im saying that if Torres had started every game for us and got to take 10 pens/year, his numbers would be great too. But I guess the grass is always greener for some people
If my dad had wheels instead of legs he would be a bike.

And the reality of Vlahovic is that his stats is very inflated by a large amount of penalties. Im in no way saying Torres is better than Vlahovic. Im saying that if Torres had started every game for us and got to take 10 pens/year, his numbers would be great too. But I guess the grass is always greener for some people
Baffles me how anybody who watches us can disregard the importance of scoring penalties.

Nothing to do with the grass being greener. What games have Torres' goals made a huge impact on the result other than the Newcastle game last season?

Sound like there’s no buyback clause by the look of this deal . Waiting for barca to slap 1 billion release clause .

if Afcon goes ahead Mahrez is gone for a while as well isn’t he. That leaves us light up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.