It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont disregard the importance of scoring penalties. Im saying you won't get 10 penalties in the league every season, or as in our case, any season. If Fiorentina would have gotten 1 penalty this year, and not 10 his total goals would be a third less. Its a good ability to have, but I would rather have a striker that scores 33 goals in a calendar year without penalties, than one who scores 23 + 10 penalties. But that's just me.
I cant even remember who made a huge impact or not 3-4 games ago mate. I do have a memory of him having a good second half of the season, and some though he should be starting in the final (not me). But if we go by what players have done in another shirt than Citys (like Vlahovic), Torres scored a hat-trick against Germany, and you could argue he has made a significant impact on international level.

I think the main differences between us is that I still think Torres can be a great player, and you dont. I think that if he goes to Serie A/La Liga, he would score around 20 goals, maybe more if also takes pens. But fair enough, no one of us knows so its pointless to argue about :)
I also watch a lot of Fiorentina games since my mother comes from there. I think Vlahovic has been great, but he has perhaps scored a few more than his performances deserve, in my opinion of course. Its a huge step up in quality to come to City and score goals regulary. I do think his playing style is more of what we are missing compared to Torres, and he could be an instant hit here. But it would also not surprise if he would struggle with the expectations and be more of a 15 goals a season kind of guy here like many other players that have moved to the Prem has ended up like before him. In my opinion, he is not even close to someone like Håland in quality, and much more closer to someone like Torres. Again, I think he currently is a better striker than Torres.

If we sign him, I will of course hope he becomes one of the best strikers in the world, and he very well could be. I just have a feeling he could flop here and be on his way out to Inter on loan with an obligation to buy for €30M in 3 years. When you after half a season have a non-penalty xG of 5.7, and still managed to score 16 goals, it tells me that you are either getting a bit lucky with the amount of goals you score from the number of chances you had, or that you are the most clinical striker of all time. Time will tell :)
True, but he plays for Fiorentina who are mid-table quality.

would be gutted signing Vlahovic if Haaland is the slightest bit obtainable.

We can probably sign Vlahovic with the Torres money plus whatever we can find down the back of the sofa. That means we still have our ‘striker’ cash in the bank. We played 62 games last season so plenty of minutes to go round. Who knows, we might even play with two up front.

Can we just give it up to tolmie for being just on the good side of cryptic such that half of the people think he's talking about haaland and the other half about vlahovic? "Italian plastic" = raiola/fiorentina, top stuff haha

never stop mate
Won't lie that was pretty good from tolms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.