It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sportrac reports Bernardo on a basic salary of £150k/wk, Gundogan on £10k/wk less. I have read on this thread De Jong is on somewhere between £400-£500k/wk!!! No wonder Barca has financial difficulties and needs to sell him!

he’s on 350k a week, he’s also taken a pay cut to help Barca.

They should tell Mendes to leave Nunes where he is until Bernardo's future is solved. Think it's way more likely we'd do a deal like that at that level than anything like FDJ.

As in Matheus Nunes could be a Bernardo replacement?

He looked really good in patches against us but I've not seen much more from him other than a couple of YouTube videos and nothing particularly stood out.

Regardless of him, I just seriously, seriously rate Frenkie de Jong and I think his form and reputation has been a victim of Barca collapsing in on itself over the last few years.

Put him in the hands of a great manager in a great team and I've got absolutely no doubt that he'll fulfill all his early promise.

As in Matheus Nunes could be a Bernardo replacement?

He looked really good in patches against us but I've not seen much more from him other than a couple of YouTube videos and nothing particularly stood out.

Regardless of him, I just seriously, seriously rate Frenkie de Jong and I think his form and reputation has been a victim of Barca collapsing in on itself over the last few years.

Put him in the hands of a great manager in a great team and I've got absolutely no doubt that he'll fulfill all his early promise.

Yes, that Nunes. I think he's made for the PL and will be a player that if he lands at Wolves, will surprise and impress a lot of people.

De Jong's contract precludes him from joining City IMO. There's a reason we very quickly distanced ourselves from the reports last month that we were even interested. He isn't coming in on more money than Haaland and KDB and he isn't going to take a pay cut when he doesn't even want to leave Barca.

Maybe I'd put more weight in the idea of him coming if there were reports that he'd take a cut to join Pep/City but so far all I see are reports he's desperate to stay. You know what City are like, they want players who are desperate to join the club, not players moved by money. Remember De Jong agreed to join City, then his agents pitched up with Barcelona's offer and said "match this and we'll join".

They should tell Mendes to leave Nunes where he is until Bernardo's future is solved. Think it's way more likely we'd do a deal like that at that level than anything like FDJ.
If Bernardo does go, which I don't believe he will, I expect to see a lot more of Grealish or Foden centrally. Don't see them making any signing. At best the tagline would be more minutes for Palmer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.