It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Not saying he is gonna dislodge ederson but he definitely could dislodge steffen . It’s not one cock up with steffen is it he cost us the last two fa cup semi finals and I’m sorry but I wouldn’t have any confidence in steffen playing week in week out .
Bazunu doesn’t want to be a back up keeper, rejected a new contract and basically forced his sale.

If he becomes world class, we have a buy back and percentage profit on his next sale.

Not sure what else we could have done.

Looking at last season’s stats Bernardo had 33 league starts, as many as Rodri. For comparison Gundogan had 20 and KDB 25. That’s a huge loss in our midfield.

Philips looks like he’s joining but he’s more likely to be competition and back up for Rodri. Decent player as he is, he doesn’t have the combination of skills that Bernardo has (great dribbler and passer, great close control with huge work rate and good long range shooting).

In short Bernardo has to be replaced. I can see the argument that having a striker means KDB and Gundogan will be our 8s next season as we won’t play a midfielder at false 9. But both have had injury issues this season. Playing Philips instead of either reduces our creativity. After that our options are limited, Foden had 3 midfield starts last season, Leeds away, Wycombe at home and Peterborough away. That’s not enough.

If we don’t replace Bernardo we’ll be in the position we were in 19/20 (except in centre midfield rather than defence) one injury to KDB or Gundogan away from trouble. Either that or we’ll need a radical system revamp.

Looking at last season’s stats Bernardo had 33 league starts, as many as Rodri. For comparison Gundogan had 20 and KDB 25. That’s a huge loss in our midfield.

Philips looks like he’s joining but he’s more likely to be competition and back up for Rodri. Decent player as he is, he doesn’t have the combination of skills that Bernardo has (great dribbler and passer, great close control with huge work rate and good long range shooting).

In short Bernardo has to be replaced. I can see the argument that having a striker means KDB and Gundogan will be our 8s next season as we won’t play a midfielder at false 9. But both have had injury issues this season. Playing Philips instead of either reduces our creativity. After that our options are limited, Foden had 3 midfield starts last season, Leeds away, Wycombe at home and Peterborough away. That’s not enough.

If we don’t replace Bernardo we’ll be in the position we were in 19/20 (except in centre midfield rather than defence) one injury to KDB or Gundogan away from trouble. Either that or we’ll need a radical system revamp.

Personally feel with the addition off Haaland - we will see sort of system change.

Will be interesting

They are desperate. They thought they were getting a big ESL windfall, but now they have to sell the future to survive. If the ESL doesn't happen they are seriously screwed in two years time.

think the PL clubs have signed off with the Premier League - so see that it doesn't happen with regards to their participation in it

You are hypercritical to the max all of the time but would take a punt on a kid that hasnt played a min of the mens football lol, weird
End of the day I think steffen is poor and you think he is good but then again you think everyone is great even when they aren’t so we disagree

The only player I know that might replace Bernardo is Frenkie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.