It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I still think if Zinchenko moves we will see someone join the squad whether that is Egan-Riley/Wilson-Esbrand/Mbete or we sign someone else. We are still one defender down because of Mendy

Sounds like it's going to be a roller coaster summer :)

Be gutted to see Bernardo leave but Bellingham would soften the blow slightly as I think he's going to be a superstar. Still feel if Gabby & Sterling leave we may buy a wide man as it leaves only Mahrez & Cole Palmer to play RW unless Pep uses Foden or I'm forgetting somebody lol.

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how we line up in Aug / September :)

I would love that to happen this summer but I doubt Dortmund are going to sell this time around without a replacement lined up; no real signs of that happening.

If it’s even on the table, which I find hard to believe, signing Salah will bring a lot of political heat to the club - maybe enough to think twice.

The crying about the PL becoming the Bundesliga and poor little Liverpool not being able to compete will increase 100x.

Pretty much the only argument against is that city don’t sign their direct rivals best players.

Demand for investigations and complaints and media animosity will go through the roof. Remember how bitter they were about losing Sterling to us in 2015? That will be a raindrop compared to the monsoon poaching Salah would be.

Now some posters will say “who gives a fuck” and that’s fine, but I would suggest that actually people on here do care a lot about the perception of the club hence the multi-thousand page threads on such topics.

I don’t think people at the club enjoy the media campaigns, investigations and political attacks that the club comes under either - and that includes Pep.

I simply don’t think we need him to win, so I don’t think it would be worth the backlash.
I think we are way way past the threshold for worrying about any backlash . It's consistent and regular we've just got used to it.

Did you miss how we defended without Walker last season?

Walker had an absolutely outstanding season and we’d have beaten Real Madrid comfortably if he wasn’t missing from the side for a large % of the tie. He has different attributes that are just important to the team than anything else you list. Pretty sure his role next season will be as strong as ever.

Did I say he can't defend? I'm fully aware of how good he is defensively and how important his pace can be in getting us out of trouble. It will be horses for courses. Which is why I said Walker will still get lots of minutes. But if we do sign Cucurella I really don't think Cancelo will be the one sitting on the bench in most games.

Did I say he can't defend? I'm fully aware of how good he is defensively and how important his pace can be in getting us out of trouble. It will be horses for courses. Which is why I said Walker will still get lots of minutes. But if we do sign Cucurella I really don't think Cancelo will be the one sitting on the bench in most games.

True but it wasn’t exactly a ringing endorsement :)

I actually think Walker is the one whose gonna see his minutes decrease. He's the most limited player in the build up. Can't cross, his passing is serviceable and not as comfortable in possession. He'll still get a lot of minutes but I think Pep will really like the idea of Cancelo on the right, Cucurella on the left overlapping our wingers who cut inside.

It's a difficult one as Pep definitely values Walker's defensive abilities. It would make sense to rotate heavily anyway because of the schedule before the end of the year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.