It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

chelsea discussing Ronaldo as an option

The American is going crazy in his 1st transfer window now that he is the director of football himself

Explained why I don't think we would need to.

Stones and Dias.

Stones and Laporte.

Dias and Laporte.

One player covers absences for either side.

You would need Stones and Laporte to be injured at the same time for an issue to arise.

Or how about if one day after the transfer window closes Laporte does his knee and is out for 6 months? Then we're trying to get through to January with Stones and Dias playing every game. It'd be a mad risk.

We could always keep Harwood-Bellis as 4th choice I guess if that we're the plan. It's not generally what we do though, so I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
You have too sell Ake if offered £50m+

The guy couldn't even get in the team ahead of Fernandinho for the last 2 matches of the season.

With 5 subs for the coming season its a good chance to make Mbete 4th Choice CB and see if he can cut it.

Maybe Mbete signing is a hint of something to come?

All this talk amongst the fans of two holding midfielders in the starting lineup. I really don't expect that's going to be a thing very often.

Every year people want to fuck about with a winning formula, adding an extra defensive player, playing three at the back or whatever else. Realistically, we just make minor tweaks every year and that's not a minor one. You'd be sacrificing way too much on the offensive end.

I really can't see us starting Rodri and Phillips very often because I don't see the point. At all.

We might see it on the odd occasion, probably more likely later in the second half against opponents we're wary of but other than that... why?

Stones and Dias.

Stones and Laporte.

Dias and Laporte.

You would need Stones and Laporte to be injured at the same time for an issue to arise.
it is not at all rare to have 2 CB out at the same time. almost happens every season.

I think it would be a big big gamble if we decide not to replace Sterling, relying on Alvarez and Palmer to fill that gap is risky.
Similarly if Ake left, not signing another CB would be a huge risk, especially when competing for all 4 trophies.

Stones and Dias.

Stones and Laporte.

Dias and Laporte.

Going into a 60 game season with just 3 CB's would be utter madness.

The fact those 3 CB's will also be going to th World Cup, would just add to the risks involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.