It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Agree with this. One 4-6 weeks injury on any CB and we would basically be forced to play the same two guys twice a week for a month (or play a DM from one of the worst defensive teams in the league out of position), which greatly increases the risk of them picking up injuries as well. Only way I can see it make sense is if Pep thinks Mbete is ready to be 4th choice and see him as a real first team option this season. That or if we keep Harwood-Bellis around as the 4th choice CB, again depends on if Pep thinks either of them can handle it. Think I read that THB captained the England u21s a few weeks ago, so maybe he could be an option.
yes that is the only way it makes sense. if pep already thinks Mbete is ready to start in a PL game against pool or against madrid in a CL semi if needed

No way will we sell Ake. I only expect Jesus and Sterling to leave, possibly Zin. If we do get rid of more than those three, then our squad is going to be thin again, we can't afford that

Seen some daft shit on this forum before, but fuck me the last couple of pages of crazy talk are right up there.

Fucking hell. We aren't binning Zinchenko to bring Cucurella in. We are not cashing in on Gabi and Raz to go with 6minutes Palmer as a starter all of a sudden. We are not going with 3 CBs just because Chelsea might fancy a reasonable bid for Ake. Get a fucking grip. It is 2 players for each position, not 5 players for 7 positions. Challenging in all competitions, with top players, not managing a bare bones squad and seeing what happens. Even when we did go with '3CBs', we had an in form peak-ish dinho, Garcia who pep rated like fuck, and THB showing promise. And it still went to shit. Last year we had all 4 injured or unfit at points, just about made do. The club is not irresponsible to fanny about with a multi million squad they have built to let it fall apart over a few positions.

If this is Pep's last season, no fucking way is the club going to fuck about giving him meagre choices. If it is not his last season, no way is he fucking about chopping big players and hoping some kid may or may not surprise him and waiting for next year to fill gaps in the squad. Let's cut the shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.