It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

yeah i agree, it would seem its just us chancing our arm.
It would be a shame if we did not ask imo. We have had interest in Reece James so I wouldn't be surprised if we think of asking them a player in return considering two of our players are their top targets.

It would be a shame if we did not ask imo. We have had interest in Reece James so I wouldn't be surprised if we think of asking them a player in return considering two of our players are their top targets.

oh yeah without question us asking the question is completely the right thing to do mate!

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think the deal tolmie mentioned is actually what is available to us. That’s just what we’ve asked for, to which Chelsea will obviously say no as it’s way too good a deal for us and too bad a deal for them to decimate their defence even further. I think if they offer £100m for the two, they get both. If not, they just take Sterling.

Ake's price and value should be a lot higher than Sterling's. 3 years on contract, younger, PL proven even before us, and club trained for them. Sorry, if we were buying a former player in the exact same situation, wouldn't start below 70m, and we'd all be arguing pay it, pep will do wonders with him. I don't see how Ake goes for anything less than 60m, plus add-ons.

And if Raz is 50m+, and he is, then 100m for the two would take the piss.

Can’t see it happening but James is easily worth at least £70M. He’ll be the best, or one of, the best right backs in the world for the next 10 years and he’s English. Would love to have him here but feel he’d end up abroad at somewhere like Madrid if he was ever to leave Chelsea.

I'd love Reece James at City, but Chelsea would be mad to let him go. If he were to come though, I wonder if Walker would become our 4th choice centre back to help with rotation. Potentially in a back 3? He's played there a few times for England and possibly the odd time for City?

A condensed season and 5 subs allowed. I reckon Pep is going to enjoy keeping everyone on their toes with his selections!

Ake's price and value should be a lot higher than Sterling's. 3 years on contract, younger, PL proven even before us, and club trained for them. Sorry, if we were buying a former player in the exact same situation, wouldn't start below 70m, and we'd all be arguing pay it, pep will do wonders with him. I don't see how Ake goes for anything less than 60m, plus add-ons.

Two months younger.

Again I’d probably say I’m in the minority and I wouldn’t want James coming in. The reason being Walker and Cancelo are both world class players and can cover the position, now after that we have Yan Couto who is a rb and was on loan at braga. He’s been nominated for the golden boy and is meant to be incredibly talented. Then we also have Kabore the rb at Troyes who has shone in the African cup of nations and been linked to Forest on loan.

I would much prefer us saving some money and slowly integrating these exceptional talents.

Like Tolmie has mentioned these departures haven’t significantly hurt our first eleven. So now is the time for the youth evolution!

Personally I don’t think there’s much in it in terms of their current valuations. Everything being equal, Raz is considerably more valuable, but his contract running down and his greater desire to leave bring him in line with Ake for me. £100m guaranteed for the two and I think they’re gone. Probably a little bit on top in potential add-ons to take it to like £110m or something, but if £100m is guaranteed, I think they’re both in Chelsea blue next season.

Again I’d probably say I’m in the minority and I wouldn’t want James coming in. The reason being Walker and Cancelo are both world class players and can cover the position, now after that we have Yan Couto who is a rb and was on loan at braga. He’s been nominated for the golden boy and is meant to be incredibly talented. Then we also have Kabore the rb at Troyes who has shone in the African cup of nations and been linked to Forest on loan.

I would much prefer us saving some money and slowly integrating these exceptional talents.

Like Tolmie has mentioned these departures haven’t significantly hurt our first eleven. So now is the time for the youth evolution!
Walker cannot go on forever, and we have a bargaining chip, which prob won't happen again in that, Chelsea want something of ours, and we appear ok to let them have it.

Whether they agree or not, Txiki does right by trying to exploit those circumstances .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.