It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Again I’d probably say I’m in the minority and I wouldn’t want James coming in. The reason being Walker and Cancelo are both world class players and can cover the position, now after that we have Yan Couto who is a rb and was on loan at braga. He’s been nominated for the golden boy and is meant to be incredibly talented. Then we also have Kabore the rb at Troyes who has shone in the African cup of nations and been linked to Forest on loan.

I would much prefer us saving some money and slowly integrating these exceptional talents.

Like Tolmie has mentioned these departures haven’t significantly hurt our first eleven. So now is the time for the youth evolution!
If the youngsters are good enough then they will get into the first team. It's all well and good bringing them in and giving them game time but they have to be good enough to play at this level and to play at this level you need to be extraordinary!
Pep got a lot of stick for not playing Phil Foden more when he was breaking through, Pep has handled Phil magnificently and he's doing the same with Cole Palmer.
We have full internationals that has won numerous trophies playing first team football for years that struggle in some games never mind a kid trying to break into the first team.
Pep will give them the chance of he thinks they are up to it.

We have asked about Reece James.

Ake and Raheem would be £110m.

They didn't really want to pay that, so we have proposed a solution.

It would mean James and £40m coming to us.

Thoughts?

I think we are very short at right-back and it would be a phenomenal deal?
If they did that deal I think the Chelsea fans would have Boehly's head on a spike.

I love the idea of Txiki and friends giggling in the corridors about how stupid this guy must be.

Thoughts?

I'd be all for it but would that be instead of a left back with Cancelo staying left ?

If the youngsters are good enough then they will get into the first team. It's all well and good bringing them in and giving them game time but they have to be good enough to play at this level and to play at this level you need to be extraordinary!
Pep got a lot of stick for not playing Phil Foden more when he was breaking through, Pep has handled Phil magnificently and he's doing the same with Cole Palmer.
We have full internationals that has won numerous trophies playing first team football for years that struggle in some games never mind a kid trying to break into the first team.
Pep will give them the chance of he thinks they are up to it.
I can completely understand the point however not sure I can agree.

So my thinking is say in the big games we play Walker as rb with the new lb or cancelo potentially. Then say the other player rotates out if Walker needs a rest.

So the games against say Leyton orient in the cup, or the final 30 minutes of a league we are comfortably winning then that’s the game these young talented players should feature.

There should be a realistic pathway for a rb rather than having Walker, James and Cancelo ahead of them. You say world class talents will force themselves into the reckoning but I just don’t know how that’s possible at all with 3 quality rbs in their way.

I’d get more satisfaction from us doing it this way, and I can’t see how it will have a detrimental effect on our trophy haul.

Thoughts?

This would be superb, James is the only obvious choice at the minute that could succeed Walker.

That means 3 right backs in the squad though if Cucurella is coming too. Are city laying the groundwork for Southgate to take over next season???

Thoughts?

This would be fantastic business. May leave us a little short at LB cover, I have never been convinced by Zinchenko or Cancelo, although it has to be said that Ake is not stand out at LB either. Feels like we have muddled through for seasons now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.