It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Again I’d probably say I’m in the minority and I wouldn’t want James coming in. The reason being Walker and Cancelo are both world class players and can cover the position, now after that we have Yan Couto who is a rb and was on loan at braga. He’s been nominated for the golden boy and is meant to be incredibly talented. Then we also have Kabore the rb at Troyes who has shone in the African cup of nations and been linked to Forest on loan.

I would much prefer us saving some money and slowly integrating these exceptional talents.

Like Tolmie has mentioned these departures haven’t significantly hurt our first eleven. So now is the time for the youth evolution!
Cucurella & Cancello rotating at left back, Walker & James at right if all the incomings and outgoings come to fruition? Plus we'd still be in a positive net income situation, outstanding transfer window if it all happens.

Not a chance Chelsea will sanction the sale of Reece James as part of these deals. Talk about alienating your fan base as one of your first acts in change, selling a home-grown player with bags of potential to a domestic rival.

We have asked about Reece James.

Ake and Raheem would be £110m.

They didn't really want to pay that, so we have proposed a solution.

It would mean James and £40m coming to us.

Thoughts?

I think we are very short at right-back and it would be a phenomenal deal?
I like this, even if we get cucu and keep zinny. Dias/Laporte at LCB, Stones/Walker at RCB. You keep/transition Walker in the defensive line and get an extra RB. Even if you go to a back three. Walker and Cucu can both play outside CB.

Thoughts?

We don't need another RB.

Cancelo & Walker are enough

This would be superb, James is the only obvious choice at the minute that could succeed Walker.

That means 3 right backs in the squad though if Cucurella is coming too. Are city laying the groundwork for Southgate to take over next season???
In the hypothetical world where City do actually sign James, it gives us all the tools we need to play 3 at the back with wingbacks, and losing wide players like Sterling and Jesus becomes a total non-issue as they wouldn’t play wide in that system anyway.

Walker then becomes THE perfect right sided centre back in a 3. Cucurella and James offering all the width. Haaland and Alvarez up top causing havoc. Rodri, Kev and Bernardo/Foden bossing midfield. It won’t happen, but I’d fucking love to see that team.

Thoughts?

Take that 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.