It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think we have one eye on Walker's contract situation, in relation to his age and wages, going forward.

Probably more likely we are putting down a marker with Chelsea if they don't sort his wages out, or we get a heads-up.

Chelsea have plenty to do, but clubs have got lucky before when they have thrown a name into the conversation.
Yep, Ferguson and a certain pompous Frenchman unfortunately springs to mind
Kyle is still in great shape but is approaching an age where his legs could go very suddenly.
Remember the surprise when Ratboy quit mid season after getting a couple of chasings and suddenly realising his body wasn’t up to it anymore?
Succession planning and future proofing is a huge part of recruitment and squad management

My cousin is a chelsea season ticket holder, so i mentioned about us asking for Reece-James and got the predictible "fuck right off" reply, but he did mention that there's rumours that they would consider offering Werner or Ziyech!
Good lord keep Ziyech and Werner far away from this club!

Good lord keep Ziyech and Werner far away from this club!
I've got no interest in Ziyech but if we're losing Sterling i think Werner could be a decent option. He's spent a couple of years in the league and i think would suit our style.

My kingdom for a left back

And a decent selling fee for those going but I won't push it

But you DID mention aguero who left last summer and wasn't replaced... seemingly for you, he's relevant in the whole "x replaces Y" thing, which is why you've ignored that we signed haaland. sorry I just think you're being inconsistent here.

I did, becsuse we replaced him. With Haaland. Like I said earlier. It is both relevant and fair.

We can go as far back as you want with the who replaced who, hey remember when we signed DeBruyne? or that we technically never replaced Sane. Did bernardo replace david, or was it foden, or grealish, or all 3. Doesn't really matter, and you are kind of missing my point entirely.

You feel more confident this season then last. I feel the opposite. Doesn't really mean either of is is right, doesn't mean it can be quantified or argued. I'm just telling you what I think/feel.

When sergio left, although Grealish coming in wasn't a direct replacement, I felt it wasn't a huge loss, given how much time he was out injured and we were adding another attacking midfielder. I felt we could cope. I really expected Jesus to play a bigger part. Expected Delap to at least feature. Expected far more from Jack. We won the league and it was great. And got knocked out of the cups, two due to squad depth imo one due to a lack of a goal scorer when really needed.

This year that hole has been filled, with Haaland, and a promising forward added in Alvarez. Dinho replaced with Phillips, all fucking great. But, I still feel that losing Gabi and Raz weakens us more than losing Sergio did (assuming neither is replaced).

Can't help it, can't maybe explain it well enough for you, but that's what I feel. Only this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.