It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

This 100% - things like this happen especially in World Cup years. Sterling, Jesus and Ake need to play more and we as a club don't want unhappy players hanging around. People read too much into it, it's not as if we are selling Rodri, Kev or Dias! For me this off season has been damn near perfect, get Curcurella in as you suggest and I would say we are a better balanced squad than last year, with a very young base. I also think Palmer, Mbete & McAtee will be more than capable of spot starts.

Happy days and to raise possibly near 200m from selling fringe and academy players is an amazing achievement.
Cant be having happy clappers on here

This 100% - things like this happen especially in World Cup years. Sterling, Jesus and Ake need to play more and we as a club don't want unhappy players hanging around. People read too much into it, it's not as if we are selling Rodri, Kev or Dias! For me this off season has been damn near perfect, get Curcurella in as you suggest and I would say we are a better balanced squad than last year, with a very young base. I also think Palmer, Mbete & McAtee will be more than capable of spot starts.

Happy days and to raise possibly near 200m from selling fringe and academy players is an amazing achievement.
One injury to our CBs and we have Mbete as our 3rd CB. And you're happy with it. I've seen it all. Aké simply HAS TO BE REPLACED. Can't have another 19/20 season

What’s not to get? 2/3 players want to leave. We are doing fantastic business this season. The club is run with finance in mind and rightly so. Pep is happy or they would not be leaving.

The squad will be balanced if the in and outs happen. Maybe another winger or cb will arrive. We are selling players who are finally bringing in decent fees. Ake for Curcurella is smart business. The lad maybe wants to start and let’s be honest he is not getting in ahead of stones, Dias and Laporte.
What you say makes some sense but Ake is a CB curcurella is a left back

One injury to our CBs and we have Mbete as our 3rd CB. And you're happy with it. I've seen it all. Aké simply HAS TO BE REPLACED. Can't have another 19/20 season
I also believe that we need to buy a CB. However if we get Cucurella the at times Cancelo can move to RB if one is injured and we could put Walker in there I don't understand why his name hasn't been mentioned. He is getting older and his legs might be going in a few years so he could learn the CB role and has experience in the England team.

What you say makes some sense but Ake is a CB curcurella is a left back
I was talking about his versatility to get game time. With a new lb, Zin and Cancelo then he is not needed. We have 3 quality CB who will share the position. Unfortunately Ake game time is reduced. Just like sterling and Jesus I can’t see him being happy with that role.

you need to get a grip. you've described a scenario where both someone gets injured AND a highly rated youth player is still on the bench. we've won 100 points with mangala as 4th choice.

Replaced with whom? A lesser player happy to sit on his ass behind 3 superior defenders?

You can’t stockpile players just in case our injures stack up. What happens if Haaland gets injured? Should we go out now and buy a 100m pound player just in case?

If we sell either John Stones, Ruben Dias or Aymeric Laporte then I would agree another Centre Back should be top priority. In Ake's situation the World Cup breaking up the season as had altered his priorites (although a move to Chelsea would not completely guarantee him more game time either)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.