It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Isnt most of that earmarked for loans that need paying this year. Laporta saying they want City to lower the fee by €40m tells you everything

Yeah not convinced Silva will go anywhere all I’ve been saying is if Barcelona somehow find the 80m Silva will be allowed to go! Also It’s Barcelona I’ve no idea how they actually signed anyone at all even Ferran in January they have some shit voodoo going on at that club so I won’t put anything past them to get a deal they want to do…

There was a big discussion on here a week or so ago about The Athletic podcast suggesting we need to sell before we buy. Lots of very angry people on here, but the actual podcast was more a throwaway remark about us planning to sell players if we were buying, especially as we'd already spent a lot on Haaland (which obviously happened before the window opened, so it's almost forgotten than we've spent so much already).

Every year, if players come in, then they also go out, so it's not really any different, but by the time it's been misquoted a few times and picked up by a few websites, it presented as some dramatic problem.
Screenshot_20220704-114958_The Athletic.jpg

Reiterated again today in the Phillips piece

Yeah not convinced Silva will go anywhere all I’ve been saying is if Barcelona somehow find the 80m Silva will be allowed to go! Also It’s Barcelona I’ve no idea how they actually signed anyone at all even Ferran in January they have some shit voodoo going on at that club so I won’t put anything past them to get a deal they want to do…
Feel the Ferran deal was suited in our favour, €40m upfront of €55m on the never never

Is it really true that we had to sell Gabi to fund the Phillips deal. That's what one scabby paper has stated today?
It’s probably more about having the money guaranteed to pay for Phillips. If Jesus had fallen through and signed an extension, we’d then probably have to sell someone else to balance the books, meaning the buying club held more cards in the future.

View attachment 48680

Reiterated again today in the Phillips piece
Is that anything unusual though? We reduced the squad and got rid of a lot of dead weight early on under Pep (and financed the big splurge on defenders by shifting a hell of a lot of the squad).

Since then, it's generally been players out/players in. The only people who are convinced differently are Liverpool fans - ironically the team with the largest squad last season, who did have half a dozen bit part players sitting on the bench each week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.