It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sheikh Mansour has got bored at last. We've not got a pot to piss in now.

He spent it all on his new MegaYacht.

He's called it Blue.

When in the last 14 years have we had to 'sell to buy'? what happened to the Kane money? When would we let a 100m+ players with a 3 year contract left leave for 40mE so he can earn less and win nothing?

All these and other questions answered in the Atheltic next week
The Kane money went to Raiolas agency & Alfie according to the Athletic & Kaveh Solhekol

It’s probably more about having the money guaranteed to pay for Phillips. If Jesus had fallen through and signed an extension, we’d then probably have to sell someone else to balance the books, meaning the buying club held more cards in the future.

I personally thibk there is no link. Certainly not as an immediate one as the papers suggest. Any linking the two is for me just paper talk to bulk the chat up and fill time inbetween any movement on deals.

Isnt that what self sufficient clubs do.
Its usually what clubs who dont generate enough revenue without transfers does. The clubs with the highest revenue in the world (like City) can usually afford to spend significantly more than what they sell for on transfers, unless their wage budget is out of control. City should be able to spend around 50-100m more on transfers than what we sell for annually. Doesnt mean we have to, but I'm pretty certain we could afford Phillips without selling Gabby.

I personally thibk there is no link. Certainly not as an immediate one as the papers suggest. Any linking the two is for me just paper talk to bulk the chat up and fill time inbetween any movement on deals.
Who knows? We don’t, so we can only guess.

It may be connected and it may not.

It does seem a bit of a coincidence that they were announced almost simultaneously.

Maybe as a stunt to tell the fans to look over here whilst Gabby is being announced, but could be to box off the money too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.