It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Whichever way you look at it, we would have lost 4 players in Aguero Torres Gabi and Raz. And replaced them with 2 in Haaland and Alvarez. Palmer is already here. Sure the two of them can maybe cover for 3. But not for 4 for me, not Raheem's numbers too. Hence I fully expect another attacking player to arrive if he is sold. Given there will be a foreign slot squad space too.

We gonna act like grealish doesn't exist now?

Aguero hasn't really been a proper squad player since the 19/20 season.....so you could even argue that Foden wasn't even really part of the squad then

For our front three options

17/18: Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Jesus*(Jan signing)

18/19: Aguero, Sterling, Bernardo(RW), Mahrez, Sane, Jesus

19/20: Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden*(bit part player)

20/21: Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Foden, Ferran, Aguero*(injured)

21/22: Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Ferran*(left in Jan)

22/23: Haaland, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez, Palmer*

We have always fluctuated between 5 or 6 players, usually 5, to operate the front three positions, which we currently have excluding Palmer

And looking at the above list maybe it was time that we refreshed the front line

Not at all, they're swimming in club trained players.

They have 9 in the squad, 6 or 7 of which seem like they'll definitely be in next season's squad -

Loftus-Cheek
Chalobah
Mount
James
Gallagher
Broja
Gilmour
Ampadu
Anjorin

and 3 association trained -

Barkley
Chilwell
Bettinelli

Interestingly as an aside, I think very few of those have been out on loan, particularly in their first 2-3 years at the club. Something we seem to be changing recently, where we previously just sent players out and lost the chance for them to count as as club trained should they get into that position.

hasn't been able to grab the trophy we want the most
=====
‘WE’? Not for me. It would be great to win it, but PL is always the priority for me. Perhaps you mean the ‘club owners’ rather than we supporters
Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds

Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds

It’s a trophy like all offers we want to win but the premier league is ALWAYS the priority going into the season!!

Not at all, they're swimming in club trained players.

They have 9 in the squad, 6 or 7 of which seem like they'll definitely be in next season's squad -

Loftus-Cheek
Chalobah
Mount
James
Gallagher
Broja
Gilmour
Ampadu
Anjorin

and 3 association trained -

Barkley
Chilwell
Bettinelli
Yes, plenty there but the quality really isn't. How many of them would you bring to us, even as a squad player?
I'd only take Reece James.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.