It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

He’s been linked before the start of the window. How much has he played for Everton?

Edit: Seems like has one year left on his deal and that Everton are trying to loan him out next season.
According to transfermarkt his contract expires in 2025, with the club having an option to extend with an additional year. Transfermarkt also says he played around 500 mins for Everton this season. Sounds like a decent prospect, and since we've heard his name being mentioned before I assume our scouts see something special in him. Because just on paper it seems like a strange potential signing, Harwood-Belis seems to be playing at a higher level in the youth national teams, and our highly rated prospects C.Doyle and Mbete is just a year younger.

I don't know where journalists are getting valuations for deals but it's insane how almost always they get them completely wrong.

They all said EH's release clause was £60m, turned out to be £51m. They said we'd be paying £60m for phillips, turned out to be £40m. They said we'll let go of Gabby for £35m, turned out we're getting £45m + add ons. Said we'd sell Torres for £40m, turned out we got £55m. Always lowballing.

It’s almost like there’s a pattern to distort our dealings to the net spend obsessed baying hordes - giving the impression we’re chucking money about without a care like a bunch of kids in a sweet shop, and at the same time giving our players away for nothing.

Whereas the reality couldn’t be more different.

It’s the narrative that’s set about City - State Owned FFP cheats, with our owner pumping money in at will - who simply don’t operate by the same rules as the rest.

Whatever mate.

I'm not going to argue about the past.

And I think you're a wum and a crap one at that.

Let's act like that's happening right now.
Get out of her you fucking donkey

Just because someone doesn't agree doesn't make them a WUM

for Sterling and a lesser extend Ake, maybe they're thinking I've got 4/2 premier league medals (+host more medals for Sterling) but my priority now is playing time. Maybe their hunger to win is superseded by playing time on that basis maybe it's time they move on.
Agreed. Not everyone has the willingness to commit to a single place of work for 10 years when the pressure is so high.
Not necessarily any less pressure at chelsea but a new setting can be re-energising if you’ve hit a wall where you are.
Equally important for us to let those players leave and keep the squad fresh so you dont have a whole squad feeling that way.
Uniteds continual contract extensions of players is the perfect opposite

Boehly, or whoever is running Chelsea's transfer "strategy " may not know what they are doing, but Boehly is far from being an "idiot." He went to The College of William and Mary, one of the best public universities in the States. I know a good number of people who went to uni there. It is not easy to be accepted and they aren't academic idiots attending.

He also attended the London School of Economics. I don't know much about. I assume it is a good school?

I'm tending to agree, Boehly is merely the "face" of the new owners. I've yet to see who else is in this owner consortium. The only person I see mentioned is Boehly.
The best business minds I have ever come across never went near any university and some of the greats hardly ever went to school.

Running a successful business is something that can't be taught

Nah, not for me… and a sizeable number of fans are of the same opinion. PL always the priority. I still support us in it, but I would have been more upset had we not beaten Villa, than losing to Madrid. It’s just a cup competition; a big one admittedly, but a cup competition nevertheless. I guess younger supporters crave the CL, whereas older supporters (like me) prefer the PL
The title always has to be the priority but we do have to win that Champions League, it's the final hurdle to becoming a footballing giant.

Anyone else get the feeling chelsea won’t sign any of our players and it’s all a ruse for fucking around with the stability of our squad?

According to transfermarkt his contract expires in 2025, with the club having an option to extend with an additional year. Transfermarkt also says he played around 500 mins for Everton this season. Sounds like a decent prospect, and since we've heard his name being mentioned before I assume our scouts see something special in him. Because just on paper it seems like a strange potential signing, Harwood-Belis seems to be playing at a higher level in the youth national teams, and our highly rated prospects C.Doyle and Mbete is just a year younger.
Ok, read it in the article. I’m with you on the strangeness of the signing, seems like we have plenty of his calibre out on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.