It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

im actually 50 pages behind but decided i needed to post ,we need to start drug testing before people start posting, ben fucking mee and that scally gordon from everton, fuck me sideways ,people seem that desperate to sign anyone they are just spewing names out, thank fuck these people don't have a say in what city actually do.

im actually 50 pages behind but decided i needed to post ,we need to start drug testing before people start posting, ben fucking mee and that scally gordon from everton, fuck me sideways ,people seem that desperate to sign anyone they are just spewing names out, thank fuck these people don't have a say in what city actually do.
Almost as bad as signing Rodwell and Sinclair.

Delap hopefully included in the first team squad next season, sure Pep said he would be last season. That's my pointless post of the night, lol

Can’t believe you said the words “mahrez” and “stay wide” in the same sentence
Lol I’m my defense I did say “yes he cuts in a lot” but in any case I feel we do need a winger on the left.

We have lumped it big on Haaland and Alvarez to pick up a major chunk of our goals.

That in their first year where we all know with Pep that first year is always slow and players take time to settle.

Offcourse like all I am hoping they fucking hit the ground running. Alvarez May take more time to settle…

if there is no one else coming in for the front line, then Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez need to put in incredible numbers imo.
You say that but goals come from everywhere in this team. We’ve ‘lost’ 21 goals and I suspect the trio you’ve mentioned would be disappointed with that return. I hope for a much bigger Grealish contribution this year too.

No more ”Raheem Sterling, he’s top of the league” chants…

People talk a lot about his contributions. Yes, in 17/18, even I (and I’ve been a harsch Sterling-critique) was impressed by him. He was really good and I wanted him to stay. But then he regressed and went back to his usual self again, what I’ve seen prior to 17/18. Undecisive, weak finishing, slow-thinking, bad passing. I could go on all night.

We have been blessed with some of the best players in the world this past decade. David Silva, Agüero, Yaya, and recent years Bernardo, Gundogan, Sané, all fantastic players. In this company, who wouldn’t look good? Who wouldn’t rack up goals and assists? Even Theo Walcott would have done that. Would we have called him world class? No, so why Sterling? Because he made a few very important last-minute goals during one or two season? We never reached very far with Sterling in the team. The one year that Pep decides to bench him in UCL knockout stages, what happens? We reach our very first UCL final.

Fact is, there’s no reason to feel sad about this. We will become a better football team without him. I asked for his departure since 2016, because his flaws are obvious and has been for years.

The reality is that something changed for Pep. I don’t know why it took so long, but Sterling had far less appearances last season and it must be because Pep ultimately had other plans for this club moving forward. I’m not worried about a lack of pace and we don’t need a replacement. Our ’new’ forward line have plenty of legs in them. And I rather have players with a finishing product than just Usain Bolt. Football is more than speed. We punished many teams on the counter in 16/17, but nowadays teams learned their lesson and sit back. Speed is not crucial.

To summarize: we will do Very well without Raheem Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.