It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

People on here act like Mahrez isn’t a crucial player for us (not aiming this at you) . The disrespect he gets is ridiculous when last season he was our best winger/attacker. Mahrez is a main stay in that front three.
stats wise he had a great season, no doubt about it

on the pitch however he had a number of games where he was simply dreadful and just not in the game at all. He scored a number of goals late in games which inflate his stats (similar to Jesus getting 4 against Watford) in truth he was lucky to still be on the pitch at that point

when he is good he is very good, has the best control of any player I've seen for us
When he is bad he is invisible

he isn't a mainstay as he wasn't picked like one

There is a point though that with Mahrez we only have one true out and out winger. That helps to stretch and stay wide. (Yes even though he cuts in a lot)

With Sane and Sterling gone we are stacked with CM and AM’s filling winger roles.

I guess Grealish gets more game time out left. Foden switching right and left….

Wonder if we should look to focus on our and pacy winger.

There is a point though that with Mahrez we only have one true out and out winger. That helps to stretch and stay wide. (Yes even though he cuts in a lot)

With Sane and Sterling gone we are stacked with CM and AM’s filling winger roles.

I guess Grealish gets more game time out left. Foden switching right and left….

Wonder if we should look to focus on our and pacy winger.

Can’t believe you said the words “mahrez” and “stay wide” in the same sentence

if there is no one else coming in for the front line, then Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez need to put in incredible numbers imo.
we cant afford 12 month bedding in period for Alvarez, Haaland while Grealish needs to put in higher number of goals/assists than whatever his best was at Villa.

Alvarez is still a question mark, I have no clue how his performance in Argentina will relate to the style we play, the opponents we have and the general strength of PL football. he might click straightaway and hits the ground running, I can see that as well, but I also can see him being out of his depth and will need that first years just to get the hang of playing/living in UK.

Kun aint a good comparison as Kun had some real serious experience coming from Atletico which cannot be compared to River Plate at this point.

Alvarez not having any break whatsoever is a bit worry for a long season ahead bit strange we agreed to River Plate using him until the very last second.

We dont even know if Pep is panning to use him and Haaland at the same time or most of Alvarez's playing time will come in the cups and whenever Haaland is injured or maybe Alvarez is intelligent enough to play across the front line and can put in a great shift from the right.

Even if he is a complete flop (hopefully not) we still can move him on for about the price we paid for him, so its a great transfer either way probably but surely there is some good potential in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.