It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Well as it stands with Sterling gone we can only buy 2 and I assume one place is earmarked for the left back. I doubt very much now though we are replacing Sterling so we may be one short but if Pep trusts Palmer that’s fine by me.

Do you think we'll go into the season with a spare space in the squad unfilled? I might be wrong, but the only time I think we wver did that was when Mendy got taken out of the squad.

As you say, 2 spaces now, 3 if Ake leaves. Assuming a LB and CB come in, I can't see us going in 1 spare myself. Particularly with two settled attackers shifted. I'm not looking for a fight about it (and I don't mean with you fyi), that us just what I think.

To be honest, I think Ake is pretty much nailed on for the Dutch starting eleven alongside VVD in the WC whoever he plays for, or how often he's playing.
Same with Raheem Sterling for England.

It's not about the World Cup, imo, it's just about playing regular football. Both Ake and Sterling probably see themselves as no more than 'bit players' at City. They need these moves.

Ake is behind 2 players so won’t be a starter for the Dutch.

Gvardiol makes sense. Your not just spending money on a centre back when you buy him your getting two players for the price of one. He’s completely comfortable playing left back and centre back he’s very good at both.

Gvardiol makes sense. Your not just spending money on a centre back when you buy him your getting two players for the price of one. He’s completely comfortable playing left back and centre back he’s very good at both.
City are still moving for a leftback. And Gvardiol isn’t what Pep wants in a lb. kinda waste to spend 60-80m on him. It’s evident they want a lb for a change in system where the fullback stretches the pitch.

This would be our best transfer window ever, if we could get that Croatian kid and Cucurela!
Next year we might get 1 more attacker.

20 years old too so far from the finished article , he could become a monster. Also brings massive resale value is he wants to leave further down the line where we should re coup our money ala Ake.

I don't get this 'signing a player to be 4th choice'. Do you think Pep will say to any potential player - "I want to sign you to be 4th choice behind my favourites Dias Stones and Laporte".

If we sign a player and he's worthy of starting a game he'll start, simple as that.
I agree BMR.
I’d like to think if we do sell Ake it would be drive up the overall quality of the CB’s with his replacement.
With the injury concerns over Boulders there is scope to achieve this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.